Hybrid MINI goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds, gets over 80MPG

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Kingsly, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Kingsly

Kingsly Well-Known Member

2. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder if mitsubishi has the patent on motorized wheels though. I think thats what their concept car had.

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Forget the Insight - this is my fantasy car!

Painted psychodelic blue, green and yellow - except a Union Jack on the top

Yeah Bay-bee!!! :D

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

5. Kingsly

Kingsly Well-Known Member

Oops! :eek:

Seriously though, if I could buy those wheels and ECU for my bimmer, the M50 ICE would be gone in a second! :D

6. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Now who in this World would want such a Vehicle that Runs like a Jet-Plane, gets FE like a Prius III, and handles like a Indy-Car.

ME !!!!!! :flag:

Terry (tiger)

7. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I saw this a while back and I wanted it immediately. :D

I tend to agree with some of the posters of responses on that site -- this is ultimately the way hybrids should be made. The idea for in wheel motors actually originates with Porsch if I remember correctly -- he was very into electricity in his teenage years and actually wired up his parents house from scratch after creating a generator.

The beauty of the design is that the engine can be run to charge the batteries dynamically with very little impact to the performance, and the range is exceptional. Not to mention the fact that the engine is tiny enough to be almost no trouble at all and could easily be replaced with some other tech further down the road to do the same function in a cleaner fashion.

If I had the kind of money required to accomplish the same things these guys did I'd have one right now!