Chevrolet Cruze - Best Picture of an Automobile Ever Taken

Discussion in 'GM' started by xcel, Mar 12, 2012.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

This pic is the best shot of a vehicle I have ever seen and kudo’s to Edmunds Glenn Paulina for the shot(s).

There are two more here: Edmunds Inside Line
    Photo Credit: Glenn Paulina of Edmunds.​

2. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

That is a nice picture, hope there was no damage from the high burst of energy
  3. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Nice. I tried to do that a few times on stormy days but failed.
  4. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Too bad it wasn't a volt in the pic.
  5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

That photo is STUNNING. I'd love to have a high-res image like that to see on my TV.
    We have digital cameras , but we NEVER print the results. I just stick an SD card into my TV and see superb images.
  6. bethomas463

bethomas463 Slow Rider

Agree that it is a nice picture
  7. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

ugh! you beat me to it :D
  8. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

You just have to be lucky to click the shutter at the EXACT time!

Great picture!
  9. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

I do not believe this was a snap the shutter pic but a a timed exposure shot with two bolts over a few seconds. Notice the rear tail lights illuminating the ground? I do not believe they could light up like that with a snap. I know Mike Sefton took one during the F-150 Adventure Challenge Drive that blew us all away where it was almost pitch black, three lanterns were inside three tents and he forced the shutter of whatever camera he was using to stay open for 30-seconds or more. It turned out great.

Anyway, I am considering a Canon Rebel EOS 3Ti for $725 shipped from right now. Anyone have a better suggestion as I really have to get the vids and pic and vid quality up from what I have been posting the past two years.

10. herm

herm Well-Known Member

I have taken 6 hours exposures over several days of dim astronomical objects.. but by combining several exposures in photoshop.. but that Cruze does look like a long exposure.
  11. FSUspectra

FSUspectra Practicing true conservatism!

Uh, I don't see a Cruze in that picture... :shrug:
  12. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Hi Wayne, that 3Ti should really make a big difference, the pics coming out of a DSLR always look so much better than any point & shoot. The downside of course is its bulkiness and needing different lenses and so on. I was lucky to have a good friend who was into photography and he taught me a good amount, the picture I took there could be done with almost anyone's camera. I used my $300 Panasonic ZS5 for that. It's good for the most part except it's not the most sensitive in low light (no P&S really is), that's why I needed a good 20 seconds or so to get something like that. If I had the money though, I would have a DSLR to get better shots, and also the ZS5 to carry around when I don't want the weight of a DSLR.