2012 Kia Sportage - LED DRL's in Focus

Discussion in 'Kia' started by xcel, Jan 20, 2012.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

While heading to the MAMA business meeting this morning, this is what appeared in the rear view mirror. At first glance, I thought it was an Audi or BMW with their OEM LED DRLs. Upon closer inspection, yet another Peter Schreyer design highlight showed up on the most inexpensive of brands.

2012 Kia Sportage

[​IMG]
    LED DRLs make the Sportage stand out - Pic taken into the rear view mirror.​

An all-new compact Sportage CUV debuted in the summer of 2010 with sales tripling from its predecessor in 2011. For 2012, the Sportage offers even more refinement.

Beginning with Kia's UVO powered by Microsoft voice-activated infotainment system, the Sportage driver can answer and place phone calls, access music from a variety of media sources and create custom music experiences all with voice-activation. You probably remember me raving about this easy to use infotainment system during the Kia Optima Hybrid 48-contiguous State FE World Record drive.

To reduce cabin NVH and improve driving dynamics, all 2012 Sportage models now feature new rear dynamic suspension dampers and increased floor insulation.

Also new for 2012 – and standard on Sportage EX trims with cloth seating – is a Clean Tex treatment that provides anti-bacterial, anti-soil and anti-static properties to the seat fabric for added durability and livability, standard floor console and cup holder rubber mat, and available folding key for keyless entry-equipped vehicles.

Wayne

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

At first , I thought DRL's were dumb. I mean , I'm smart enough to know when conditions call for increased visibility , right ? Plus, there are times when I want to be "stealthy" (don't ask).
    But now , LED DRL's seem to make sense. And they look cool. LED headlights , on the other hand , may not work out in snowy climates unless they can figure out how to keep snow and ice off.

3. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

I think headlight washers would do the trick