Logging in on the front page

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by jcp123, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

How come I have to move over to the forums to log in? Otherwise when I enter my info and hit login, the page refreshes...and I'm still a guest. I've tried in Firefox, various versions of Internet Crasher...err, Explorer, Safari, on XP, Vista, and Mac OSX machines, with and without checking the "remember me" box...all with the same result. It's not a big deal, I don't really need it fixed, just curious if anyone had any insight.

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

You have to check the save info check box. I have the same issue at work where the only option is IE.

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

If I read his post correctly, it sounds like he has tried checking the "save info" box and without checking it?

4. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

I just tried it (didn't check 'remember me') and it worked fine (Debian linux with Google Chrome) - must be the way I'm holding my mouth :)

5. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Yeah I've done both. I always just head to the forums to log in. No big, like I said, just curious.

6. herm

herm Well-Known Member

The only bug I have is the "New Posts" button stops working, and I know there are new posts.

7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I don't ever log out. Why would I need to ?

8. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Both the front page log in and the cached new posts ID reference are known bugs but I've been unable to track them down for official squashing.

If you are on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPad touch) and having the new posts issue running a recent release of the OS, tap and hold on the new posts link, copy the link address, then paste it into the location bar at the top and load that. This never fails to bypass the cached version for me.

9. Right Lane Cruiser

Herm, I've made a change which hopefully alleviates the new posts issue -- can you confirm?

10. herm

herm Well-Known Member

it seems fixed, will keep testing and let you know.. thanks.

11. herm

herm Well-Known Member

no problems at all, it has been fixed

12. Right Lane Cruiser

Fantastic! Thanks for the update.

I still haven't tracked down the front page log in issue...