Mitsubishi -- Serious about electric cars

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Carcus, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

2. herm

herm Well-Known Member

I think it would be great, but Mitsubishi is almost dead in the US

3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I really liked some of the older Mitsubishi's , like the Colt/Mirage,but they have not offered us any efficiency in a long time. Yes, they seem to be almost dead here , but one "magic 40" car would get them some attention and credibility. Make it available in a manual hatch,please.

4. savefuel

savefuel Member

MITSUBISHI really got great supermileage cars these days: In the old world, the ASX is being marketed with a 1.8 litre Diesel engine developing 300 NM torque and 150 HP. I thoroughly tested this vehicle on behalf of Mitsubishi Switzerland in the Alps. On a 769 mile loop (with 34'500 ft altitude gain/loss, ø 37.6 mph, ø load 250 lbs, 21% divided highway) the average MPG was 54. The vehicle delivers 62/63 MPG at ø 55 mph on highways...
    My 2 drives with two different i-MiEV resulted in a consumption of 7.8 miles per kWh at 64°F (total range: 106 miles) and 7.3 miles per kWh at 40°F (total range: 109 miles) at ø speeds of 25 - 28 mph in suburbs.

5. herm

herm Well-Known Member

Very impressive, are those imperial or US gallons?. Have you tested a Leaf yet?

6. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Probably converted to US gal.. Only Canada and Brits use Imperial. I am not sure why? H

7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Does Canada use Imperial gallons ? Isn't fuel sold by the litre ? Or does the Imperial gallon only exist in the minds of a few (stubborn) Canadians ?
    By the way , this isn't a slam against Canadians. I'd be proud to live there (BC) and call myself one.

8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Super Moderator Staff Member

It's used in advertising to give a big mpg number.

9. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Canada has been metric since about 1970? H