OUCH!

Discussion in 'General' started by tbaleno, Feb 19, 2006.

1. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I just got t-boned on my way to work tonight.

2. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi Tom;
    Well I hope that you didn't get like (HURT).:mad:

So what's up with this T-Bone thing? more info. is required here. Like how did they hit you and what did it do to your HCH I?:confused:

Was it just you in your HCH I? Not the Family I take it? I guess the car is still driveable? Did it shake you up or was this more like a slow T-Bone Bump Thing?
    Waiting for reply here?

Sorry, Is not Strong Enough Words here.

Terry

3. tbaleno

It was just me. Didn't shake me up at all. I've played enough car sims to get used to the spun around feeling. I just put it in park and started it up again.

The guy took off so I couldn't get his details. Sigh. If only I had been speeding I could have avoided this ;) Of course if he hadn't have run a red light It also could have been avoided.

I expect its going to be a chunk of change out of my pocket for the deductable :(

I was probably going 32 33 mph. He was probably going 40. Fortunately he caught me behind the rear tire so most of the momentum went to spin the car vs push into the car. I will update when I know the full extent of the damage. Looks like its confined to the lower bumper and the upper fender seems fine. I have yet to look inside to see if it damaged any of my "electronics."

4. tigerhonaker

Okay;

Well I forgot to ask you if you had to {Change} your Shorts?:p

Well lets get an update on what the damages are to repair the HCH I? Glad you are like in one piece.

Later,

Terry

5. tbaleno

Nope. Didn't phase me a bit like I said. I was used to the feeling from interactive video games where the seats move all around and stuff.

6. tigerhonaker

Okay Killer Video Pro: :D

Terry

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___That has got to hurt! Did you say the other driver just drove off? Are you sure you are alright? A crash at the speeds you described may have unknown consequences that may or may not show up for days or even weeks! Just take it easy for the next 2 or 3 to make sure everything is working right. You can always get a new hybrid (so that was how you planned a new 06 HCH-II ;)) but a sprained back, shoulder, or neck can cause problems for a lifetime :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne​

8. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Sorry to hear Tom.:( I guess that's one of the drawbacks of living in the big city. Congestion where I live is pretty thin, at least at 6:30 in the morning on the way to work. On the way back it is worse for part of the way, but my off the beaten track route keeps possible encounters with other vehicles pretty low.

I hope neither you or your electronics get whiplash. Can electronics even get whiplash?​

9. tbaleno

And here they are, pictures of the damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tigerhonaker

Damaged HCH I

:eek: Tom;

Man that is what I would call a (Damaged) HCH I rear Quarter Panel and Rear Fascia.:(

Well, I do have a Positive Comment to make to you "Mr. Baleno". I'm glad to here that my Buddy in Chicago that I met on a Forum for the 1st time was (Not Injured). :D

Hey, Great Pics of the Damage: :p Let us know what it Cost to repair the car back to New?

Terry
    BTW, I just looked at those Pics. again. It looks like they can just Replace the complete rear Bumper Fascia.

11. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Tom,

Glad you seem to be unharmed - knock on wood.

I hope those pictures mean the main body an chassis are also unharmed. I've been lucky to avoid that in my four Insight collisions (again - lucky).

I'd bet the guy was not sober...

My 1986 CRX HF was rear-ended in a very similar situation, except I did not spin.

The silver lining is you have a good story to post, but I wish you did not have to go thru this....

12. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Amazing.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't any worse, but it still sounds/looks bad.

13. Katz6768

Katz6768 Active Member

Tom,

I am glad you're ok, and the car doesn't look too bad. It was more of a rear-ender than a T-bone.

Best wishes.

14. tbaleno

I only call it a t-bone because all the damage was to the side. I am SO missing my car. Now I know how others feel that have been waiting since last october for their hybrids that are on order.

15. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Just thinking - if it was worse, just get a 2006 HCH. :)

Three years ago, a pickup truck passed me at 120mph - twice my speed. Scary realizing that I'd been dead before knowing what happened if he impacted. :eek:

16. Katz6768

Katz6768 Active Member

A couple of business opportunities:

(1) A car rental outlet that offers only Hybrids with fuel included and unlimited mileage.

(2) A Hybrid airplane that would recharge while descending and landing and would cruise on electrical power only. Two sources of power and two types of turbines = safer!

17. tigerhonaker

Delta Flyer;

You can say that again: :eek:

Scary realizing that I'd been dead before knowing what happened if he impacted.
    There I can 2nd that: Close Call !!!!

Terry

18. tbaleno

Update: Looks like my car may be ready on Tuesday. I hope they use the hybrid suspension parts vs the parts for an ex/lx etc.

19. tigerhonaker

Tom,

I just know that you are going to just Hate to give back that State-Of-The-Art rental car. :rolleyes:

I really don't think you will have to worry about them just throwing on your HCH I, EX/LX parts. When they put in your Vin# it will auto. let them know what the car is and what parts to order for it. :)

So, Relax little buddy, next week you will be back in the Hybrid I. :cool:

Terry

20. tbaleno

This rental car has pealing paint, stains on the seats, cigarrette smoke. It makes me itch when I drive it. My hands feel all gross when I touch the steering wheel. I won't try to guess what all those stains and stickness are from.