Can someone do a find and replace on the database?

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by TheForce, Nov 8, 2011.

1. TheForce

TheForce He who posts articles

Just wondering if someone can do a find an replace on the database for me?

Here is my problem. I have a jaygroh.dreamhost.com sub domain that I used to just put stuff in. Well dreamhost decided they are no longer allowing dreamhost.com sub domains. It was stupid of me for using that as a general file storage domain since I dont have control over it.

Anyway I have moved all my files to stuff.jaygroh.com and I'm trying to go through places I used the old domain and updated it with the new one. The only issue I have is that I have many posts here and on priuschat.com that have the old link. I could go through and edit all my posts by hand but that would be time consuming and I may miss something that might be of some importance to someone.

I was wondering if any of the mods or admins could do a find and replace on the database for my old and new domain?

All that would need to be done is to search for jaygroh.dreamhost.com and replace it with stuff.jaygroh.com

The http:// and all sub directories would stay the same.

So would anyone be kind enough to help me out? :D

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Jay, I'll take a look to see what that would entail.

3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

58 posts updated. It was 59 posts but I had to go back and update the one in this thread so it made sense again. ;)

4. TheForce

TheForce He who posts articles

Thanks. I'll buy you lunch the next time we meet. You'll just have to remind me. :)