700cc Zap Smart car: 40mpg

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by AZBrandon, Mar 30, 2006.

1. AZBrandon

AZBrandon Guest

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/03/zaps_americaniz.html

[​IMG]

So suddenly the Honda Fit with its giant 1500cc engine and 35.5mpg combined score looks pretty good after all!

2. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

GM should just bring back the metro. It is a more conventional car and would get better mileage.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Brandon:

Smart cars finally roll past hurdles. First, third, and eight posts …

___We have a lot of ZAP/MB - Smart info here in the News forum but it’s the diesel and the Li-Ion equipped hybrid versions of the Smart ForTwo I would really like to take out for a test drive ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I was hoping for better....bet it could be engineered to hypermile...

5. Sledge

Sledge I like owls with captions

I've been doing some reading in EV forums about ZAP. The gist of it is that I would stay far away from ZAP. Their customer service is terrible for even little things like electric scooters. I can only imagine the crap one would go through for a car with nonexistent dealer support.

6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Brandon:

___Good point as I never thought of that ZAP backing the Smart’s here in the US? With MB selling and backing the Smart’s in Canada, I guess one may consider waiting until MB finally launches them here in the states? I don’t know if I could drive it forever but I sure would like to take the CI-ICE based ForTwo CDI out for a month or two just to see what she is worth in and around my daily Chicago based nightmare ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne