You may have noticed some changes

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by tbaleno, Apr 8, 2007.

1. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I am tweeking the greenleaf style (which is the default one users see). It looks okay to me on my browser, but others have reported issues. Does anyone see anything they think needs to be fixed?

2. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

A few times this evening there was an empty vertical frame about 80px wide between the navigation menu on the left and any page's content.

I don't see it now, though.

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I no longer see the bottom of the main forum page at half width.

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___Put the futures pricing section back up as I viewed that all the time. I read of BailOut’s instability with it under FireFox but have not heard of many other problems with it.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

5. tbaleno

The futures still exist on the research page.

6. xcel

Hi Tom:

___Can you place it back on the Home page instead?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

7. tbaleno

I too was having instability but I never realized it was from that. 45% of our members use firefox. So I really would rather not. Maybe you can bookmark the research page. Another advantage of removing it is that now the site loads much faster for me.

8. xcel

Hi Tom:

___25%?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

9. tbaleno

25%? sorry right 25%. Still a lot of people ;) And it is on every page. It really is best to relegate it to one page and truthfully it really does belong on the research page. We don't want 1 in 4 people that come to our site to go away or have their browser hang up or crash on them.

10. xcel

Hi Tom:

___I have not been to the Research page in a while. I like what you did with the conversion function(s)!

___Can you add the Big 3, Toyota, Honda and Nissan stock charts w/ volume as well? Maybe a 3 or 5 year interval is goo enough. Add JCI and a few others as we come up with them …

___Good Luck

___Wayne

11. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

Moving it did make a difference. My corporate firewall was constantly putting up a permission popup every time I accessed the home page, now it's not.

12. Green&Blue

Green&Blue Well-Known Member

I was one of those Firefox users...I stopped coming to the site because of it. So if you keep it on one page, I'll be able to visit more often ::waves to everyone::

BTW - if you're wondering where I'm writing this from, it's from a site that uses IE. LOL

Best to everyone...
    -Mark

13. TheForce

TheForce He who posts articles

I always had problems accessing the site at work or um "other location" with IE. Never had a problem with Firefox.

14. brucepick

brucepick Well-Known Member

Been using firefox at home for several weeks now; no problems.
    I have to admit I rarely observed the marketplace ticker box.
    I understand that for some here it's meaningful.

I'm sure I must have a newish version of Firefox as I only started using it recently.
    Possibly older versions were more problematic??