nervousmini is back with a new ride

Discussion in 'BMW' started by nervousmini, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nervousmini

nervousmini Well-Known Member

Well its been a while since I've been on, but the speedometer on my 1984 BMW 533i was broken so it was kinda hard to update a mileage log - and now it's been retired @ 462,000 miles. Anyway got a new car, it a 1997 BMW Z3 1.9 (with working speedometer) and a new milage log.

I wasnt sure what to expect for hm potential, but the first 2 tanks are looking good. I've gotten all the service caught up and maintinence done - and changed the OMG :eek: 4.44:1 differential to a 3.25:1.

I'm welcoming any questions/suggestions on this one. It's the 4 cyl with 4 spd automatic, my commute is approx 40 miles each way in mixed suburban driving.

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

You come up with the most interesting rides!!

Welcome back. :)

3. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

That should be a nice ride! I expect the 1.9 should give you decent results if you drive it right - better than the bigger engine versions. It should be high on the Fun factor, too!

4. Nevyn

Nevyn Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I think about you every time I get in my car and look at the ScanGauge I got from you. :)

Not too much a fan of the Z3 convertibles, but I like 'em WAY better than the Z4's. Now, hand me a key to a Z3 M Coupe ("clown shoe"), and I'll be so busy weeping with joy that I won't be able to drive anywhere.

Enjoy the car! But not too much. :D