Subaru Introducing Diesels before 2008 - Licenced HSD

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Chuck, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

By or before 2008, Subaru will introduce a diesel. They has the rescources now that they are licenced to use Toyota's hybrid technology. Why doesn't VW consider doing this?

MSNBC Story

2. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

the first AWD diesel? ( in NA at least...) cool! Is there power losses (efficencies) when transfering power to the back wheels? Or Subaru's AWD is on demand (meaning only power to the back wheels is sent if it detects slippage)?

3. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

My wife is very interested in a Tribeca or Highlander. She wants the extra seating capacity when we go on vacation or the rare case when she might have to haul around other kids. I got the Prius so she would have an excuse not to houl other people around. I think it is ridiculous to by an SUV just for more comfort on vacation. The Prisu is very comfortable for me. I told her renting for a week is cheaper than buying an SUV.

Now if the Tribeca comes out as a diesel hybrid, well then that is a different story.

4. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

have you seen the back seat for the highlander?? I'll be impressed if an adult can fit back in the 3rd row seat.

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___The Subaru’s diesel is for European consumption, not the US unfortunately. The EPA specs are just to demanding once Tier II is the law of the land in a few short months :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I need to educate myself more on diesels. I bet trucks get a break on diesel emission, too.

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___The large P/U and SUV based Diesel trucks do indeed get a huge break on their emissions requirements :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne