Greetings from another NEW GUY.

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by noirluispher, Mar 24, 2006.

1. noirluispher

noirluispher New Member

I like to send my salutations to you all. I hail from Hope Mills, North Carolina. My nym is noirluispher (noir for short) and I recently purchased a Honda Civic Hybrid - Magnetic Pearl (23 March 2006, 1200pm). I finally said enough is enough. I was so tired of filling up my truck for $50+ dollars every 250 - 275 miles. And with no gas price decrease insight, I had no choice but to go Hybrid. I look forward to learn how to increase my gas milege and other tips and tricks of the HYBRID culture.

Any links (if that's permitted) to great places to purchase accessories, at a better price than my local Honda shop, will be much appreciated.

2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

3. kettleone

kettleone Member

Welcome Noir

I also just picked up my HCH on 3/20 and could not be more pleased. I filled it for the first time tonight and compared to my old vehicle that got 23 mpg, I saved $21 in just 4 days of driving. I averaged 46.5 mpg with the Civic over about 410 miles. I am very happy. :D

4. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

5. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Welcome

Some of the best FE masters in the world are here. Im sure advice will come by the bucket loads. :)

6. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Welcome noir & kettleone,

So both of you are now the proud owners of the HCH II. :) Well I have had mine for about 300 miles now and like you guys I love it. So stick around and enjoy this Forum.

Nice to see some more New Names here.

Regards;

Terry

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Noir:

___A belated welcome to the group!

___I am especially interested in the HCH-II because as of this writing, there are few technique based success stories. One of these days, its secrets will be discovered and the HCH-II will take its rightful place near the top of the FE lists. Until that time, we will be pushing and probing those that own them trying to find clues as to its true capabilities until such time someone breaks out and we can all follow his or her lead. Right now, 65 + mpg is in the cards without to much effort but I think the 75 + over longer segments and tanks is just around the corner. Just not with today’s relatively new HCH-II’s in the colder temperatures many of us are still experiencing is all.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

8. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

wow a truck convert that's crazy. Was there something you saw that made you realize that you just had to drop what you were driving for something better?

And welcome I hope you will try to achieve what we should have been trying to do for a long long time.

9. noirluispher

noirluispher New Member

___Thanks to all.

___ philmcneal - Thoses gas prices were just tearing my wallet apart. Everytime I would drive by a gas station and look at the price, I would become so angry at the prices that I realized I had better do something positive about it. Because believe me you, I have had some crazy thoughts running through my mind, and none of them would be to good for me...in the end. So that is pretty much what pushed me into searching for a FE vehicle.