Trunk Tie Down?

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by GordonLightfoot, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GordonLightfoot

GordonLightfoot Active Member

07 HCH: There is a neat rope, hook, and clamp kit supplied with the spare tire tools that is used to tie down the open trunk lid. I can't find anything in the manual telling how to use this thing.
    It looks like the hook clamps onto the bottom latch hook, but I can't figure where the rope end loops are supposed to attach. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    GL

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring)

We didn't get anything like that. Are you sure it's a Honda item?

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Gordon:

Can you snap a pic and upload it as I have no idea exactly what you are describing but am intrigued none the less.

Is it supposed to hold down the trunk lid with the full sized flat tire in the trunk after a flat then?

Wayne

4. GordonLightfoot

GordonLightfoot Active Member

It is located in a pocket in the jack tools foam that looks like it is made for it. Label describes it as "Trunk lid tie down device".
    I'll try to post a pic:
    GL

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Gordon:

If you click on either of the pics you uploaded, you will see two options, one as a link and one to embed with tags.

And that is a pretty nifty setup. For as many miles as I have driven the HCH-II and even looked in the spare tire compartment, I have never noticed that looped rope and hook setup. I have to assume it would loop around the trunks top steel latch point but I am not sure where to connect to the bottom unless I had an HCH-II in front of me.

Given the HCHC-II’s shallow trunk, I can see the need but never thought about it before?

Wayne