Truckers risking mayhem

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by Blackbelt, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

My normal route to work was unusable yesterday due to 2 major accidents. I changed my route and had to go on a road called "Glade Mill Road"(also known as RT 228). It is a winding 2 lane road, rather rural. The psl is 45. There are a few passing zones, otherwise its double yellow.
    Most traffic on this road tends to run at about the psl. I was actually running around 5 under in my smart when i caught up to slow moving traffic. There was a semi traveling between 20-30MPH. Behind the semi was a flatbed semi, i would guess around 48'. Then behind those 2 were the cars, 8 or 9 and growing. Normally, i drive at or a little under the psl, so i have no issue with someone else doing that, but 15-25 under is not a good idea. I just relaxed and figured that when we got to Rt8( a 4 lane road, about 2 miles away), then the cars would be able to pass the 2 trucks and there would not be a problem. So, imagine my surprise when the FLATBED SEMI pulled into the oncoming lane to PASS THE SEMI!!! I held my breath as i saw 2 cars coming in the opposite direction have to go off the road to avoid being hit head on by that truck.
    Of course, when we got to the light at Rt8(you have to turn left or right), the idiot and his flatbed were sitting at the red light waiting for it to turn green.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

That is frustrating. Most truckers are courteous but there are the handful of idiots that give all a bad name.