TCH is working well!

Discussion in 'Toyota Camry Hybrid' started by CoasterToasterXB, Aug 20, 2010.

1. CoasterToasterXB

CoasterToasterXB Well-Known Member

We just filled it for the second time and received a 35.9 up from 34. We really like the car and is fun to drive.

[​IMG]

2. cswee1932

cswee1932 Well-Known Member

AWESOME! How long have you owned it?!

3. CoasterToasterXB

We have owned it for a little over a month. Still need to get used to a couple of things. Were very happy with it!

4. hyperme

hyperme Well-Known Member

And you will be pleasantly surprised again as your 35.9mpg keeps climbing while you continue to learn the car and how to drive it.

5. SentraSE-R

SentraSE-R Pishtaco

Unless you have absolutely horrible driving conditions, you shouldn't be satisfied until you're beating EPA by at least 20%.

6. CoasterToasterXB

I have no doubt that we will reach such lofty goals.

7. ukrkoz

ukrkoz New Member

hi all

2007 TCH here. purchased used, at 46K miles. per owner, it was doing average 36mpg.

when i was gently hypermiling, i had stable 41.7 mpg. but car is so much fun to drive, due to combined torque, that i said to the heck with it, and just drive. in "just drive" mode, i have 39.8-40 average.

she does not like cold weather though. temp goes down, mpg drops some.

8. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Coaster:

Congrats and that is with the wife’s mixed driving, right? Have her take it a little bit easier on the Highway and move from 0 to 15 under EV no matter what happens and she will see that number come up quickly.

Ukrkoz, 40 mpg is definitely hypermiling and congrats on doing so... Just driving it however is kind of a waste when you see the red up ahead ;)

Darrell, yup :)

Wayne