Kia unveils electric city car concept

Discussion in 'Kia' started by atlaw4u, Aug 19, 2010.

1. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[FIMG=RIGHT]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/kia_up.jpg[/FIMG]Paul Mcveigh - AUTONEWS - August 18, 2010

Kia has unveiled a concept for a three-seat electric city car that will debut at the Paris auto show next month.

Called the Pop, the zero-emissions car is just 3000mm long, the same length as the four-seat Toyota iQ minicar and 300mm longer than the two-seat Smart ForTwo.

Kia said the Pop aims to bring "innovative design chic and dramatic styling to the city car segment." The Pop has seating for two adults in the front and a single seat in the rear behind the front passenger... [RM]http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100818/COPY01/308189959/1130[/RM]

2. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

Mmmkay... parts by Kia, design by matchbox it seems.

3. bnther

bnther Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of cool looking. But I'm known for being the non-conformist. :p

4. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

I find it funny they list the dimensions in mm.

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Super Moderator Staff Member

How about an electric car that looks like, I don't know, a car.

Or, that looks different from "normal" cars but only for utility and aerodynamics.
    For example the Aptera actually looks normal in the sense that its shape just says "we designed it like this to reduce weight and improve aerodynamics".

I know it would be good to be able to remove wheels quickly, but I doubt anybody will have a screwdriver that big.

6. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

:biglol:

[​IMG]

7. killer6795

killer6795 MazdaMiser

3000mm?!? That's 698mm shorter than a base MINI.....

.....or 2,649mm shorter than a 2010 Suburban.

8. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

For a city car, why would anyone be concerned with aerodynamics? Make it stylish and large enough for a family of four and be done with it.

INATM, a good size Phillips would be needed, wouldn’t it ;)

Wayne