Interior Sec approves Cape Wind

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chuck, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

[​IMG] Salazar said Cape Wind must follow stringent measures during construction, and it must conduct additional marine and archeological assessments of its impact. The company must also explore ways to make the wind turbines less visible from shore.

[FIMG=RIGHT][/FIMG]Wayne Drash - CNN - Apr 28, 2010

The first of many more, hopefully. --Ed.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar on Wednesday approved the nation's first offshore wind farm, signing off on a project that has bitterly divided Cape Cod over the last nine years.

The 130 turbines are to be located several miles from the Massachusetts shore in the iconic waters of Nantucket Sound. The interior secretary said Cape Wind, as the project is known, is the start of a "new energy frontier."

"The United States is leading a clean energy revolution that is reshaping our future," Salazar told reporters in Boston. "Cape Wind is an opening of a new chapter in that future, and we are all part of that history."... [RM][/RM]
  2. noflash

noflash Senior Member

The opposition to this is astounding -- this and the blocking of solar panels in the Mojave Desert. Where's the outrage and lawsuits for the coal plants that have poisoned every body of water in this country.

3. Jough96Accord

Jough96Accord 1996 Honda Accord 2.2l 5spd

That is exactly what I've been telling people when I hear talk against this project. There is a large turbine at the west end of the canal at cape cod, I like it. I was fishing with my brother and asked "Why is that so bad?". He just shrugged his shoulders and said "NIMBY", jokingly.

Also, why can't they be painted sky blue? Or a real pale sky blue? Was is researched that white is the color that can be seen the least at a distance? Maybe paint a few of them a couple of different shades of white>blue and have the NIMBY people vote on the color that offends them the least.