Enginer Plug-in Conversion

Discussion in 'Toyota Camry Hybrid' started by rickkop, Apr 26, 2010.

1. rickkop

rickkop Active Member

The Enginer website says this conversion will work on the TCH but I was wondering if there is anyone who has had such a conversion of this type done on their car and how it has worked out for them. So if there is anyone who has done such a conversion please share your experience with the rest of us. I have a 09 TCH, my daily drive to work is about 7 miles. I currently am averaging about 39 to 44 mpg and to be honest, I don’t even know if this would be practical for me to do. Everything I’ve read about these conversions seems to pertain to the Prius. Granted the TCH is no Prius, but it’s still a great car. But I’m starting to think it’s like the Rodney Dangerfield of hybrids. :)Thanks, Rick

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Rickkop:

___While I have not heard of anyone installing it in a TCH, it should certainly work just as it does on the Prius Gen I, II or III. Sorry I could not give any more information as you may be the first to ask?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

I came across this conversion of a Prius, at EcoModder:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ev-conversion-enginer-plug-lithium-11555.html

My take: while the kit is ok, it is definitely not "plug and play". There were issues with:

*prepping/charging the batteries

*missing battery bus-bars

*ill fitting brackets

*ambigious part orientation

*struggles getting the whole thing assembled/installed

They look to have succeeded, but it required a fair bit of dedicated effort and ingenuity.

4. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Tim (Daox) posts here under the same handle -- if you want more info you can send him a PM and I'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions.