Hello from WV

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by suchham, Dec 15, 2006.

1. suchham

suchham Member

Hello to all here,

Monday I will be getting an 07 Civic Hybrid and giving up my 00 Accord. The Accord has been a great ride, but the time has come for a change. The Civic feels good and, with the tax incentives, is a great buy. A friend of mine has an 03 Civic Hybrid and loves it. So I feel confident that this will be a great car. I have one question about the car: Can a remote start be installed on it? I read something about the HCH-II starting off the battery pack instead of the 12v battery. Does that complicate things with a remote start? I already had it removed from the Accord so I could put it on the new vehicle, but now I wonder? Any experience with it? Thanks for your help!

2. Proco

Proco Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site, suchham! I can't wait to hear how you're doing in your HCH. What color are you getting?

Can't help you with the remote start, though. I know nothing about stuff like that.

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Welcome to CleanMPG!

I think you will enjoy the 2007 Civic.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. suchham

suchham Member

"Magnetic Pearl" which is what I would call a charcoal grey, judging from the Civic brochure. The selections on the dealer lots around here were limited. My dealer had one Alabaster Silver, which I test drove, but I liked the darker color better, so they found the MPearl one and swapped them for me. So I haven't actually seen MY car yet-only a photo.

5. suchham

suchham Member

"Magnetic Pearl" which is what I would call a charcoal grey, judging from the Civic brochure. The selections on the dealer lots around here were limited. My dealer had one Alabaster Silver, which I test drove, but I liked the darker color better, so they found the MPearl one at another dealer and swapped them for me. So I haven't actually seen MY car yet-only a photo.

6. Proco

Proco Well-Known Member

Magnetic Pearl is a really nice color. When my wife & I were trying to decide between a Prius or HCH, we had a dealer show us a regular Magnetic Pearl Civic just so we could get a good idea of the color.

I thought it was really sharp, but my wife wasn't too crazy about it. She said it had "too much brown" in it. I have no idea what that means, but you know the old saying ... if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :)

7. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

In answer to the remote start question. You shouldn't have a problem. I have one in my 03' civic.

However, Unless you realy need it I would advise against putting it in. I set up a self imposed rule that I won't use mine unless the temperature drops below 20. It realy hurts your fuel economy with that extra fuel being burned when you aren't moving.

8. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

Hi Sucham, welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy your car--the mag pearl is a beautiful color too. Be sure to share your thoughts and any questions with us after you get it.

Proco I think they must have shown you the Galaxy Gray, as that IS the "brown-est" gray I've ever seen. I didn't find it appealing either. The mag pearl is an almost gunmetal charcoal gray.

9. Proco

Proco Well-Known Member

You're right! It was the Galaxy Gray. The mag pearl is the one I test drove. What was I thinking?? [​IMG]

Thanks for the correction!! :)