Nissan Juke Crossover confirmed for U.S.

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by xcel, Feb 15, 2010.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Could this finally be the vehicle that introduces Nissan’s much proclaimed Diesel to the US market?

[fimg=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/2011_Nissan_Juke_Exterior.jpg[/fimg]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Feb. 15, 2010

Nissan Juke – Engine type and FE unknown…

Nissan confirmed that an all-new small crossover, the Nissan Juke, will join the Nissan lineup in the United States in fall 2010. The European version of the dramatically styled Juke will be revealed to the media on February 10th and makes its global public premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The North American version of the Juke is scheduled to debut at the New York Auto Show in late March.

The compact Juke was designed and developed to give customers a small crossover alternative to traditional small hatchbacks found in Europe. In North America, Juke will join the Nissan Murano and Rogue -- in providing style with what Nissan calls, “An exhilarating driving experience.”

The interior design features a wide center console that takes its inspiration from a motorcycle's fuel tank.

2011 Nissan Juke – Interior

[​IMG]
    European details shown.​

Detailed specs will be available soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I'm not sure I like those high mounted headlights. It seems to me that such a position will either be blinding or too steep of an angle down to the road for good viewing distance...

3. robj80

robj80 traded HP for MPG's

The large round lights in the front are the headlights. Those high mounted lights are to house the daytime running lights and directionals. This is what I read from several reports.

I been following this vehicle for awhile now and so far I am impressed. If they keep the weight down it should get excellent MPG with any of the engines Nissan is offering.

4. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Ah. That's much better.

Thanks for the info!

5. Wow! That is a really interesting and totally non-boring design. The writer is correct that it does somehow evoke a motorcycle-esque impression despite being a car. Maybe the candy-apple red color helps. It looks to be almost the same shade as a Honda Rebel 250.

6. nighthawk

nighthawk Well-Known Member

I like it. Will have to see more specs as they become available.

7. moneysaver

moneysaver Well-Known Member

I just threw up in my mouth and the taste of bagle and cream cheese is ruined!!!:eek:

WTF kind of design is this? What happened? Did the designers got bored and decided to come up with something that will make people get dizzy and faint?

What type of interior is this? It looks like it came out of 90's Kia with all the gray plastic on the passanger side and the tacky red insets around the cup holders, gear shifter and arm rests on the door.:eyebrow:

I am sorry but this is not a a beautiful design and it has done something for me that I did not think was possible!!! IT OUT-UGLIED THE AZTEK. :eek:

8. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Do not like. It reminds me of that silly UFO-shaped Suzuki cute-ute that was available sometime last decade. They called it the X-90 or something?

9. Nevyn

Nevyn Well-Known Member

10. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

That's the one!

11. echoman

echoman Well-Known Member

This to me looks like a new born murano, cute but kinda awkward. Maybe with some growing (midcycle redesign) it might make a decent looking teenager.

12. My first though of the Juke was "Vaguely Dune Buggy Inspired".

13. moneysaver

moneysaver Well-Known Member

It reminded me of this oddball.:D

[​IMG]

Wierdly shaped and oddly proportioned.

Sorry, don't know how to put the picture up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  14. Nevyn

Nevyn Well-Known Member

I *LOVED* the Vehicross! Limited numbers made, but really cool. At least they were to a mid-teens boy who loved cars.

15. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

wow, they took the fat-bellied, big-butt stupidity of the
    Murano and squashed it into an even less sensible shape.
    Yuck.
    _H*

16. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

If it comes with a MT and small diesel, I might consider it DESPITE the looks.

I generally like high-mounted drl's. When oncoming traffic pops over a hill at night, you get a moment of lower-powered lights to help your eyes adjust before the BLINDING headlights pop out. Recent-model GM trucks have this, and I like it.