Viewing MPG while all other units are metric

Discussion in 'ScanGauge' started by Heep, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Heep

Heep New Member

Hi all, sorry if this has been answered already. I ran a few searches but couldn't find what I was looking for.

As a youngish Canadian, I think mostly in metric, and I'd love to set metric as my units on my ScanGauge II. However, I can just never wrap my head around L/100km, while MPG numbers are so familiar to us all.

Is there a way, perhaps through X-Gauge, of forcing MPG to show up, even if I have my units set to liters and kilometers?

2. lxmike

lxmike Well-Known Member

Whatever you have your units set to is what the SG is going to show.
  3. ronmann

ronmann Member

I think the same way as you (I guess its a Canadian thing). When I first got my SG I would switch from L/100KM to MPG all the time. I got so good at it i could do the whole button combination without even looking at the screen. Switching it frequently helped me learn L/100km so now I leave it in that. I figure I have to learn it anyway because thats the units used in car articles and by car dealers.
  4. CarlD

CarlD Well-Known Member

Well, you could select English units and then program xgauges for the metric stuff you want. Xgauges are hard coded and the units setting does not affect them. Plus, as an added bonus you can change some of them to display one or two decimal places.