Finally saw the Tesla in person

Discussion in 'General' started by bomber991, Jan 1, 2010.

1. bomber991

bomber991 Well-Known Member

And damn it's a tiny car! They came to Austin for that road trip thing. Anyways there were 5 Austin-area owners there and then the 750 car on it's road trip, so that's 6 teslas. $109k each, so makes you wonder what could have been done with $654,000.

They're nice looking cars, but $109k is a lot of money. What else could be bought with that? They're so tiny and so low to the ground. Doesn't seem like it could be a daily driver. The car pretty much looks like a toy, but I guess that's what all cars that are in that price range are like if they're two seaters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I sure wish I could get a chance to see one in person -- what does it sound like at speed?

3. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to see #750 on Monday!

4. drimportracing

drimportracing Pizza driver: 61,000+ deliveries

Justin,
    Thanks for posting the pics. I'm kinda partial to small cars! I'm going to check my lottery tickets right now and see if there is one in my near future. :rolleyes: - Dale

5. bomber991

bomber991 Well-Known Member

Heh, I didn't get to sit or ride in any of them but I'd imagine they're near silent at speed. They don't look too low in the picture, but when you see them in person it looks like your butt sits at about ankle height.

6. echoman

echoman Well-Known Member

I have to emit, that tesla roadster is a pretty cool car.

You probably do sit pretty low in them, and the low centre of gravity must make these things corner like they are on rails.

Great pics and I hope to at least see on someday.