Hello!

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by ah yum, Nov 7, 2006.

1. ah yum

ah yum New Member

Hello gurus. I was referred here from another forum. Just learned about the notion of Hypermiling, I think it's a lifestyle. I'm equally glad as I'm amazed that there's such a zealous community pledged on this and to now be part of it.

I've been having some trouble keeping my mileage up amid the frequent stops, short trips, and rush-hour bottlenecks in city driving. Already finding CleanMPG's articles unique, visual, and informative, I can't wait to learn more.

Cheers!

2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Welcome ah yum!

This is where us "crazy" hypermilers hang out!

3. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

:D Welcome :D to CleanMPG. :woot:

Terry (tiger)

4. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sounds like you have "fun" commute. Hopefully we can help. The winter is going to be tough to notice improvements because our mileage is going to get worse before it gets better due to the cold and snow. I don't know how many articles you've had a chance to read, but I definately recommend looking into better routes to try to avoid all the stop and go.

Sometimes the route we are used to realy doesn't save any significant (or any) time. If there are frontage roads, take those instead of highways. Thats just a start. I suggest you post the details in the "start your journey here" forum so people can pounce on you and give you all sorts of great advice.

5. ah yum

ah yum New Member

Thanks for the advice. See you around!

6. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Welcome:

Get ready to enjoy your improved mpg. :)

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Ah Yum:

___Welcome indeed and if that Yaris of yours is equipped with a stick, oh boy are you going to be pushing out some huge segments in the not to distant future!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

8. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Welcome ah yum!

I think you are right about that. It definitely gets in your blood. My son and I are now in a friendly competition after hanging out here for awhile.

9. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

YESSSSSSSSSS WOW from richmond, finally someone to challenge one day if the time arises ;)

welcome fellow canuck ~ and **** nice car if I were you, i'd pump my pressure to 50 psi and start cranking out some 800 + km tanks.