2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Discussion in 'New Automobile Specifications' started by xcel, Mar 14, 2006.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

[​IMG]

Engineering:

Engine Type: In-Line 4-Cylinder
    Engine Block/Cylinder Head: Aluminum-Alloy
    Displacement (cc): 2,362
    Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net, Rev 1/05): 147 @ 6000 RPM
    Horsepower Net Combined (SAE net, Rev 1/05): 192
    Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm): 138 @ 4000 RPM
    Bore and Stroke (mm): 88.5 x 96.0
    Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
    Expansion Ratio 12.5:1
    Valvetrain: DOHC 16V, w/ VVT-i
    Electronic Fuel Injection
    Drive-by-Wire Throttle System
    Front-Wheel Drive
    CARB Emissions Rating: AT-PZEV
    Federal Emissions: Tier II/Bin3
    Cd = 0.27

HSD Electric Motor/Generator(s):

Power output: 40 HP @ 4500 RPM
    Torque: 199 lb.-ft. @ 0-1500 rpm

HSD Power Storage:

Ni-MH
    Voltage: 244.8 V (204 Cell’s, nominal 1.2 V/Cell)
    Capacity: 6.5 Ah
    Battery Peak HP rating: 45 hp
    System Voltage: 650 V maximum

Transmission:

E-CVT

Body/Suspension/Chassis:

Unit-Body Construction
    MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
    Independent Dual Link Rear Suspension
    Stabilizer Bar (mm., front/rear): 24.2 mm/15.9 mm
    Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering
    Steering Wheel Turns, Lock-to-Lock: 3.2
    Steering Ratio: 16.0:1
    Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb (ft.): 36.1 ft.
    Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes (in.): 11.65/11.06
    Wheels: All-Season Tires: P215/60 R16
    Compact Spare Tire

[​IMG]

Interior Measurements:

Headroom (in., front/rear): 38.8/37.8
    Legroom (in., front/rear): 41.6/38.3
    Shoulder Room (in., front/rear): 57.8/56.7
    Hiproom (in., front/rear): 54.6/53.9
    Cargo Volume (cu. ft.): 10.6
    Passenger Volume (cu. ft.): 101.4
    Seating Capacity: 5

Exterior Measurements:

Wheelbase (in.): 109.3
    Length (in.): 189.2
    Height (in.): 57.5
    Width (in.): 71.7
    Track (in., front/rear): 62.0/61.6
    Curb Weight (lbs. MT/AT): 3637

EPA Mileage Estimates/Capacities:

CVT (City/Highway): 40/38
    Crankcase (qt.):
    Coolant System (gal. MT/AT):
    Fuel (gal.): 17.1
    Required Fuel: Regular Unleaded

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Just noticed a few things. The TCH has a .27 CD while the non hybrid version has .28 CD. I wonder what they did to get the THC lower.

Also, I was surprised to see that the TCH had 204 cells at 1.2V each for 244.8 total nominal. The Prius I and Prius II use 38 and 28 7.2V cells respectively. Is the 1.2V cell really true or is it a typo? I wouldn't think they would use a different battery architecture for the TCH.

3. xcel

Hi Dan:

___The short articles I have read about the TCH on the web said they have some underbody aero treatments that the regular Camry’s do not to reduce its Cd.

___As for the TCH’s pack, it is a lot different according to the Toyota spec sheets which I pulled right from Toyota’s own TCH specification press release! Kind of half way between the RXh/HH and the Prius II in terms of cap but with much smaller cells? Toyota is trying to reduce the cost of HSD and this may be one way of doing so? We will know a lot more about it once it is finally released to the public. Look at the amount of trunk space the TCH loses vs. the non-hybrid. The pack seems a bit on the large side …

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

bleh now that i took a good look at it, the back reminds me of a hyundai sonata.

5. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

If you ask me, Hyundai got that rear-end treatment (the tail lights) directly from the '03-'05 Accord. I suspect that part of Honda's '06 refresh was an attempt to get back ahead of them. The Camry looks a little more "chunky" to me but I don't find it terribly disagreeable. Is it me or does Toyota's new grille theme harken to the current Mazda 3 and 6? They've done the same thing with the Yaris. Just imagine the slats with some "speed dimples."

6. xcel

Hi Brick:

___I always thought the new Sonata’s rear end had a bit of the 7th gen Accord in it as well. I also now see some of the new Mazda 3’s and 5’s in the Camry’s face too. The entire Toyota lineup is heading towards that once piece looking fascia more then likely as it is fresh, new, and can be stamped as Toyota’s own. I am not saying I like it but it is better then the Camry/Avalon fascias of the previous gen.

Camry:
    [​IMG]

Yaris:
    [​IMG]

___There is a thread over at ToV where an individual (Alex Wilson) that has driven the 07 Camry has some goods things to say about it … For one, it appears to handle much better then the older Camry “couch-boat” ;)

07 Camry
    ___Good Luck

___Wayne

7. gonavy

gonavy Well-Known Member

It's not 50-state PZEV like the 06 HAH?

Bin3 indicates it is not, but the gas tank is smaller in all states, usually an indicator of PZEV?

The toyota site simply states '50-state emissions' even if I build the car for a Cali. zip code.

8. xcel

Hi GoNavy:

___The Prius II is a Bin3 and is PZEV in all 50 if that helps. None of Toyota’s PZEV’s are Bin2 unfortunately. Honda does have a leg up in that regard with their PZEV qualified automobiles but they sure didn’t help with the LEV-2 and ULEV-2 rated new automobiles they are currently selling including the non-PZEV based Accord’s, Civic’s, and Fit :(

___Let me know if you see anything else on this … A ULEV-2 based TCH would be a let down in my eyes.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

Hi, does anyone have any idea how many RPMS it turns at 60 mph-level hy, no wind. I doubt it has a tach, so someone will have to use a accessory tach or a scanguage.
    I was surprised a few days ago when I hooked the scanguage to the Prius(finally bought it). At 60mph level hy the RPMS with just the ICE on were 1400-1600.I can't give a single number-it moves a lot.The electric motor cycled on quite a bit-maybe every 3-5 seconds. With the electric motor on the RPMS would jump to 1600-1900. I was stunned to see such low RPMS. The 2001 Prizm(rebadged Corolla) automatic which is roughly the same wt/frontal area and has a bigger 1.8lt more powerful 125hp motor turns about 2850 RPMS AT 60 MPH. The little 1.5 manages to turn 1200 RPMS less without lugging. It saves a lot of internal friction. I'm guessing that some of this is because of the low compression(the crank won't slow as much with the lower compression) and high expansion. I suspect the electric motors also allow it to get away with lower than "normal"RPMS. If slowing of the crank (lugging) is detected then the electric motor can come on and take some of the load off(and the RPMS increase also). Pretty clever. Even with both motors on the RPMS were under 2000 rpms-way lower than a Corolla at 60 mph.Luck,Charlie
    PS Hi, 1st post here.These numbers were all with the AC on(New Orleans-hot already)

10. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

hm so with no acccessories and going at 60 mph with a prius I/or II should yeild at least more 60 mpg if your correct! if not....then that miller cycle engine is useless!

i'm sure its at a same or even lower rpm since this engine has more torque.

11. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I think the prius does less than 60mpg at 60mph. Of course we all know its more the driver than the engine ;)