Chinese and US Partners to Build Massive West-Texas Wind Farm

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chuck, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

[​IMG] The use of Chinese turbines in a major American wind project could add fuel to concerns over China’s protectionist policies on renewable energy manufacturing.

[fimg=left][/fimg]John Collins Rudolf - BLOGS - Oct 29, 2009

If American investors don't move in - others will. -- Ed.

A consortium of Chinese and American companies announced a joint venture today to construct a massive 600-megawatt wind farm in West Texas, utilizing wind turbines manufactured in China.

Construction of the $1.5 billion wind farm would be funded largely by Chinese financiers, with an assist from the United States government in the form of loan guarantees and grants from the federal stimulus package.

“This wind farm project came about thanks to the openness of the United States for investments in the field of renewable energy,” said John Lin, the chief operating officer of Shenyang Power Group, an industrial group in China focused on renewable energy projects.

The project would mark the first instance of a Chinese manufacturer exporting wind turbines to the United States market, according to Shenyang vice mayor Yang Yazhou, who spoke during a press conference announcing the joint venture.... [rm][/rm]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  2. pumafeet10

pumafeet10 Well-Known Member

great, just another way for people to be greedy and worry about the bottom line.

They need to use American Made EVERYTHING!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous that anyone is ok with this, how is this going to help our economy when most of the money is coming from a country that pretty much owns us, then we have to pollute even more to get their low quality junk over here!
  3. jimepting

jimepting Well-Known Member

I sense and share your frustration. Alternative energy equipment and projects were the fond hope for more american jobs. But the fact is that we, as a nation, are broke and have little capitol to invest. Government help just results in printing more worthless paper money and bonds, a form of hidden taxation thru the eventual inflation.

We are a nation in decline, and these examples just help to reveal the truth, if we needed any more proof.

What happened to using good old American made GE equipment?
  4. pumafeet10

pumafeet10 Well-Known Member

people try and say that the USA doesn't make good products or that we can't , but honestly people GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A#$.

We make some of if not the best products in the world, with some of the best working conditions and environmental reputations.

No we are not perfect but still, how can you support a country that openly is destroying the world and trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes by investing in alternative energy?

The simple solution to all of this is to teach people to get by with less and their bills will go down, pollution will decrease, people will be able to work harder and need less money for utilities and be able to put money back into our economy instead of paying off our increasing debt to china
  5. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Well said. My electric bill last month is the lowest October bill I've had in the 5 years in this house. All the little things like insulation and leak sealing must be helping. I still have more insulation to add, as well.
  6. jimepting

jimepting Well-Known Member

I agree that conservation is a strong tool in countering energy costs. Have a new house in Richmond. Spent a couple of hours this afternoon changing out all the incandescent lighting for energy efficient neon lighting. Will attack the overhead insulation tomorrow. Heating season is coming!