Hypermiling in a Tesla Roadster-313 miles

Discussion in 'General' started by efusco, Oct 28, 2009.

1. efusco

efusco He who posts articles

https://www.teslamotors.com/media/press_room.php?id=2022
    [​IMG]
    Tesla Roadster Travels 313 Miles on a Single Charge
    Competing in Australia’s Global Green Challenge, Customer Simon Hackett’s red Roadster goes from Alice Springs to Coober Pedy with 3 miles left on the charge.
    Coober Pedy, South Australia
    -- (Oct. 27, 2009) – Tesla Roadster owner Simon Hackett and co-driver Emilis Prelgauskas completed 313 miles (501 km) in a Tesla Roadster on a single charge – a distance that appears to set a new record for a production electric vehicle.
    Hackett and Prelgauskas are driving Hackett’s red 2008 Roadster as part of the 10th annual Global Green Challenge, one of the most high-profile rallies worldwide for production, prototype and experimental cars. Hackett is providing updates in real time on his blog.
    The pair drove from Alice Springs, in the Australian Northern Territory, to the finish marker at a point 183 km north of Coober Pedy, in South Australia. [MORE]

2. efusco

Oh geez! I didn't see this story already posted...it was "hidden" right on the front page! I actually had done a search earlier in the evening, but didn't get a chance to post this until early this morning and didn't check again. Feel free to close or delete...just glad the story is up.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Evan:

___It is such a good story I think it is worth reading again and again and again :D

___And I cannot wait to hear what you do with the S when its your turn!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. efusco

2 more years....it's a painfully long wait!

5. WriConsult

WriConsult Super Moderator

Given the Tesla's 53kWH pack, this equates to almost exactly 200 miles per gallon equivalent. Not bad for a high-performance sports car!

6. drimportracing

drimportracing Pizza driver: 61,000+ deliveries

Wonder what their average speed was for this run?