Need help? Post here.

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by tbaleno, Nov 2, 2006.

1. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

It was brought to my attention that a lot of the posts on this forum are too technical for the casual observer. If you fall into that group don't leave confused. Post the details of your commute and the vehicle you are driving. We will get you up to speed in no time.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  2. Rocketman

Rocketman New Member

I am new to forums. Is this how I enter a "POST"

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Rocketman:

___Welcome and that is indeed how you post :)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Hello all: I purchaced my HCH11 Dec.19. I use my car as our main transportor. Only have 1000 k's on the car, but did manage 5.7ltr.per 100 k's on a 600 kilometer trip home. Very bad conditions. Slush, snow and ice roads and still on the dunlops,not the best tire for the condition! Look forward to reading your posts and learning.

5. tbaleno

That's not too bad considering the conditions. In the summer it will probably go to 5.23 L/100K.

6. brucepick

brucepick Well-Known Member

7. tbaleno

It's there. Maybe the image hasn't been refreshed on your comptuer.

8. brucepick

Thanks - Yes. Don't know why I didn't see it before - either I ignored the dots or it needed refreshing.

9. brucepick

OK. So how does one attain Hypermiler status?
    Is there an easily visible link to this information on, say, the Mileage Logs page?

10. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Until the new EPA ratings go into effect anyway, to be a hypermiler you have to beat the EPA combined average for your vehicle with 5,000 miles or more. Expert status requires 125% or more of EPA combined and Elite is 150% or more above EPA combined.

11. Fredness

Fredness HyperMilin' on E85

That changed today.
    I can't find the master thread that "knights" the hypermilers, that should have the new stats. There is a "Skilled" level now... (I know, I've been demoted :( )

12. tbaleno

Demoted? In what way?

Skilled replaced Hypermiler status.

Skilled should equal EPA for =<2007 vehicles and should equal epa*1.2 for >2007 vehicles.

If you find that isn't the case I could have had made a typo in the code.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  13. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

If one is for < 2007 and the other is for > 2007, then what about 2007 itself? ;)

14. brucepick

Now you're starting to show thinking like a coder.

15. tbaleno

Heh, in the code I check for >2007. I mispoke in my previous post. I changed my post to reflect the reality of the code.

16. Fredness

<2007 and >=2007? or is it <=2006 and >2006?? or <2007 and >2006??? Ahhh, the joys of coding...

Just poking fun, I was an "Expert", now I'm just "Skilled Hype". It can't fit "Skilled HyperMiler" in the signature picture...

It's all good... I just for the life of me can't find that thread where "xcel" posts the status of members and explains the rankings. Found it once, and should have bookmarked it...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  17. locutus

locutus MPG Centurion

18. Fredness

Bookmarked....

Thanks!

19. tbaleno

I will fix the "skilled hype" ;)

20. Fredness

Coolness,
    I was going to ask how you got that neat 6mo/3mo/1mo/All Time banner. Then I right-clicked, went to "Properties" and saw I just had to add "his" [for "History" no doubt...] before my vehicle number and Bingo! ...slick.
    This trick also works for the "hogs", hint, hint...

BTW congrats on being #1! :D