What kind of articles do you read at CleanMPG?

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by Chuck, Sep 29, 2009.

?

What kind of articles do you read at CleanMPG?

1. Hypermiling

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Car reviews

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Other energy saving technology

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  4. Driving safety

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  5. Climate Change

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Peak Oil

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Ethanol

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  8. Habitat destruction/sustainability

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  9. Auto Industry

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  10. Economic impact of energy policy

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Looking for input on likes/dislike on articles on CleanMPG's front page.

It's welcome as long as it's constructive and realistic.

So this is a chance for members at large to influence what goes up...we will listen but not necessarily be bound to it.

Some topics will be controversial - particluarly ones with political overtones.

The CleanMPG staff generally does not go out of it's way to incite controversey.

I'll open a poll as a guideline but fully expect it not to cover the likes/dislikes of our members.

Also, what to you want to see more? See less?

2. GrendelKhan

GrendelKhan Well-Known Member

More controversy!

Just kidding. You guys run a great site! I have no suggestions. Nothing constructive or realistic anyway... :D

3. npauli

npauli Well-Known Member

I really like the mix you've got. If I were to change anything, I'd give my vote towards including more articles about efficiency improvements in non-automotive powertrains. There's some really neat stuff going on with the big stuff. Some of this stuff I have seen posted here, but other bits I've found elsewhere on the web:

Cat has a dozer with generator & motors instead of transmission. Significant fuel savings.

Komatsu has a hybrid excavator. Swing uses electric motor/gen + ultracapacitors, IIRC.

Volvo has a hybrid wheel loader. Motor/gen between engine and tranny.

Rail has used diesel-electric for decades, and I think there's some adding batteries or other storage.

Both heavy trucks and rail are migrating towards small APU's to keep the creature comforts on without idling the big engine.

Cat has a class for operating earthmoving equipment for greater efficiency. There may be similar classes for trucks.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn Well-Known Member

I come straight to the forums, hit "New Posts," and read whatever strikes my fancy. So I end up reading a lot.

5. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Just thought this poll would be a more accurate way of determining article choice.

Occasionally we have a few that scream over one thing or another...I've suspected as much as they would want to seem like 100 or 1000 members are representing just themselves.

As it is CleanMPG is a niche site, but the occasional aspiring Editor's-in-Chiefs would make it more narrow, probably will all the content inhouse. We have also had a couple of members that had a distinct negative disposition and probably got a high being critical.

Again, gaging the regular members on what they really think.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  6. raveneon

raveneon Well-Known Member

I never read the articles... I just stare at the pictures lol

Mostly hypermiling and auto industry related items.

7. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Thank you for your input.

I'll find the Youtube of OJ's Bronco hypermiled back in 94' :p