Go Hypermiling #12 - "They said, What?!"

Discussion in 'Go Hypermiling Podcasts' started by xcel, Sep 22, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Toyota hybrid lawsuit, Audi President Calls The Volt “A car for idiots”, and oil change interval?

[fimg=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Go_Hypermiling.jpg[/fimg]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Sept. 22, 2009

Type: Audio

Link: "They said, What?!"

Hosts: Kacey Green and Manuel Santos

Recorded: Sept. 7, 2009 Music: Le Tigre - Fake French

Runtime: 30 min : 47 sec

Moderating: Kacey Green

Technique: Smart Braking

Main Topics: US lawsuit could ban or fine Toyota hybrids -- Toyota Responds to Paice ITC Filing, Audi President Calls the Volt “A car for idiots”, and are you really supposed to change oil every 3000 miles?

Sponsors: CleanMPG, Hybrid Canada, & Midlands Hybrid. In addition, CleanMPG ScanGauges, Honda Civic Hybrid and Midlands Honda.

Kacey and Manuel discuss Toyota patents, GM vs. Audi and the “Interval”.

First up, Kacey describes the technique of Smart Braking or maintaining momentum even if you use your brakes.

Next up, Manuel tells us about the US lawsuit could ban or fine Toyota hybrids & Toyota Responds to Paice ITC Filing.

Kacey then talks about the Audi President Calls The Volt “A Car For Idiots”, with a head to head of Audi tech vs. GM’s.

We finish up with Manuel discussing an interesting topic for all regarding Are you really supposed to change oil every 3000 miles?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

So does Paice have a claim against Honda, Ford or any of the other company's in the hybrid game?

I looked over some of the pat. they have. And I find them to be very general over all and extremely wordy. Almost to the point of common knowledge even considering the years filed.

I smell a Russian Rat.

3. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

I have yet to listen to any of the podcasts. Little kids during the day make it hard to hear and after work I don't have enough time after catching up on the forums. One of these days I will get to it.

4. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I'm reading your post while I'm listening to #12 on my Ipod.:eek:

5. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

Yep Mike :), I do the final QC listen on my Zune in the car, the goal is to fit into a standard commute. (#13 didn't do this but came close)