Jungle Motors - another ThunderSky LiPO pack Prius-II PHEV converter

Discussion in 'PHEV or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle' started by xcel, Sep 21, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] PHEV_Kit delivers up to 50-miles AER.

[fimg=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Felix-Kramers_PHEV.jpg[/fimg]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Sept. 21, 2009

CalCars PHEV Conversion - The original from which all others owe their thanks.

With OEM PHEVs “Just around the corner”, a number of startups have been following the CalCars path with conversions of their own design. This time it’s Jungle Motors of San Juan Capistrano, CA. Using the Fuel Pump kill and a very large 10 kWh ThunderSky Li-Ion pack, promises of up to 50 miles AER below 52 mph is being touted.

Jungle Motors, Orange County’s largest electric vehicle conversion facility, is now offering a new Plug-In Hybrid conversion kit for the 2004-2009 Toyota Prius using state of the art Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries and advanced, integrated Battery Management Systems (BMS). Jungle Motors, which converts gasoline powered vehicles into clean, green commuter cars, is now offering drivers yet another way to drive and save green.

“Our new 10KW Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery technology and BMS now enable the Prius to travel up to 50 miles at up to 52 mph without turning on the engine,” states Director Brad Sachs. “With our conversion, the driver has 3 (three) options for motive power. Normal Prius Mode, Enhanced Prius Mode and Battery only Mode. In the Normal mode, the vehicle performs like a stock Prius getting over 40 miles per gallon (mpg). In Enhanced mode, the car can deliver over 100 mpg. And in the Battery only mode it becomes an Electric Vehicle (EV) and gets infinite mpg as the gas engine is totally bypassed. All the user has to do is plug in the vehicle at night to recharge the batteries.”

Price for the new 10KW conversion kit is $10,995.00, installation is included.

According to statistics, 90% of drivers in the United States drive less than 40 miles on a daily basis. With this new kit installed, drivers can now drive every day around town without ever turning their gas engine on. The company also has plans to offer a similar conversion kit for the Ford Escape, Highlander Hybrid and other hybrid vehicles in the near future.

For further info, call Jungle Motors at (949) 443-0900 or visit our site at Jungle Motors.

Although this kit will eventually take out the Motor Generator without additional engineering, it offers Prius-II owners yet another choice with far more capability yet similar price to the A123Systems/Hymotion kit. With the ThunderSky equipped kits showing up in droves, a full yet inexpensive BEV conversion is surely just around the corner.

Our recommendation? Consider the Enginer kit until such time something better comes along.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn Well-Known Member

He gets it right!
    I like this guy. No baloney, no hiding facts, the 100% honest up-front truth.

3. Nirmalanow

Nirmalanow New Member

I just wanted to share my experience with Jungle Motors who are also the new owners of Plug-In Solutions (formerly Plug-in Supply). They offer electric car conversions and Prius plug-in conversions at their shop in Southern California.

I bought a used Prius from them with a plug-in system already installed. Unfortunately, it turns out they did not have a valid title to the vehicle and also never told me it was a total loss salvage vehicle. As a result I have a car in my garage that I cannot register or drive. My lawyer has asked them more than once to refund my money, but they have not complied. I have filed a complaint with the Department of Motor Vehicles, so hopefully this may still get resolved without requiring a lawsuit.

I would advise anyone to be very careful in doing business with Jungle Motors or Plug-In Solutions.

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Hi,

I'm sorry about your problems.

One think that might get members to pay attention is to post it only once - the redundant one was removed. Also, are you going to post so we might get to know something about you and this unfortunate situation or is this a "drive-by" negative ad like the one at other sites like PriusChat?

Put yourself in the place of the people reading this. ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

They are touting stimulus also. I didn't see anything about UL listing.