Go Hypermiling #6 – Getting better at this ;)

Discussion in 'Go Hypermiling Podcasts' started by xcel, Aug 25, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Mini Diesel, Hybrid auto insurance and C4C is a rip off ... or is it?

[fimg=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Go_Hypermiling.jpg[/fimg]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Aug. 24, 2009

Type: Audio

Link: GoHypermiling #6 – Getting better at this ;)

Hosts: Kacey Green, Manuel Santos, Wayne Gerdes

Recorded: July 26, 2009

Runtime: 38 min : 45 sec

Moderating: Kacey Green

Technique: Ridge Riding & staying safe while being legal.

Main Topics: (Surprise Topic) Mini-D not coming to the US; Hybrids Look A Little Less Green To Auto Insurers; Would You Rather Save $4000 or $14000?

Sponsors: CleanMPG, Hybrid Canada, & Midlands Hybrid

In our second regular episode Kacey, Manuel, and Wayne start to get the hang of being podcast hosts.

First, We discuss the technique of Ridge Riding (RR), then, Wayne surprised us with news about the Mini Diesel and its status in the North American Market. We later discuss the Scangauge and move on to the topic, “Hybrids Look A Little Less Green To Auto Insurers”. There was an article about some insurers falling for stereotypes and conjecture recently…Next up, “Would You Rather Save $4000 or $14000?” Is Cash for clunkers a rip-off?. We also had a lively discussion about tailpipes.

Subscribe in your favorite Netcasting/Podcasting software such as iTunes and Zune, our feed address is: Go Hypermiling_Podcasts.

You do not need a portable MP3 Player to use our netcasts, though we try to make it a good listen for your own daily grind/commute.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  2. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

Just finished listening. Another good one.

One thing that would help is if the audio could be a little louder. When I have the iPod cranked all the way up, I can hear Kacey and Manuel OK, but not great, and Wayne is little softer and harder to hear.

I really like this format and it helps to hear your voices as you describe/discuss the topics. Keep up the good work.

-Rob

3. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

Thank you :),

I used different processing for our voices on #7 please let me know if that change helps.

4. Psion

Psion Hyper-Beginner

Quick note on a couple past Go Hypermiling Videos...
    For some reason all the vids seem to work on my iPod Classic, except for #4 and #5.
    The only reason stated is that the video format isn't supported...but the other vids work just fine.
    Did you guys change anything in your vid production that might cause this?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

5. Kacey Green

no, 4 & 5 were done the same way as the others, does it have anything to do with the filenames?

They should be widescreen, do iPod classics support widescreen files?

6. Kacey Green

Just sampled them, they look smaller than the others in my Zune software, do they play in iTunes or does it give the same error?

7. Psion

Psion Hyper-Beginner

Sorry for the delay.
    They do indeed play in iTunes without issue.
    Just don't seem to want to sync onto the classic. The classic can play either traditional or widescreen...just adjusts itself as needed.

8. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

Okay, so did anyone else do tailpipe test?

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

And the finger:
    [​IMG]

Not bad for 39,000 miles? It came off pretty easily with whatever flowery pump soap was at the kitchen sink, so it didn't seem too bad.

BTW, I listened to #7 this afternoon and the sound is getting much better. I only needed to turn it up 1 notch for Wayne, down 1 notch for Manuel, and right in the middle for Kacey.

- Rob

9. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Rob:

___You did indeed listen to that podcast, didn't you :)

___I was shocked to see the difference between the PZEV rated Accord with 109K on the clock and practically nothing was on my index whereas the ULEV-2 rated MDX was a bit darker than yours FEH with 65+ K on it now.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

10. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Love the podcast.

Rule of thumb in the old days when tuning a car. You always wanted a rust brown tail pipe that looked close to the plugs. Black, to rich. Grey or any white and you were way to lean.

Some things never change. :)