Go Hypermiling #3.5 – HybridFest 2009 - FFH Presentation

Discussion in 'Go Hypermiling Podcasts' started by xcel, Aug 7, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid detailed overview and How we did it: “The 1,000 Mile Challenge.”

[fimg=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Go_Hypermiling.jpg[/fimg]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Aug. 1, 2009

Media type: Video -- Size Warning! 391 MB - 1 hr 16 min for both presentation and Q&A session.

Click the following for .

Hosts: Praveen Cherian and Wayne Gerdes

Moderating: Ford

Technique highlight discussion: Rabbit Timing

Main Topics: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid (FFH) and the 1,000 Mile Challenge.

Q&A Session Sponsor: Wayne Gerdes

Our second video podcast continues with a Keynote presentation by Ford's Praveen Cherian and Wayne Gerdes at HybridFest 2009, followed by a lengthy Q&A session.

Subscribe in your favorite Netcasting/Podcasting software such as iTunes and Zune, our feed address is:
    Go Hypermiling_Podcasts.

You do not need a portable MP3 Player to use our netcasts, though we try to make it a good listen for your own daily grind/commute.

[​IMG]

We highly recommend that you not view our video Podcasts while driving!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  2. vbpete

vbpete FusionPWR

Wayne,
    I viewed the podcasts last night and really enjoyed them. I found them full of good information that I can use. I have a FFH and really enjoy the car. I want to continue to improve my mpg. Have you thought of videoing one of your clinics on the FFH and posting them here as a podcast? I am eager to learn more about hypermiling the FFH on both city and highway settings. It could really help you give others greater access to your teaching!

Some specific questions about the FFH?
    In the empower mode of the Smartgauge, do you know the corresponding absolute units of the marks on the accessory and main power gauges? I suspect that they are not equal? Does the SGII tell you this?

Is there a way to force an ICE off traveling above 50 mph going down hill? In neutral it seems to suck battery power, but still keeps the ICE running?

What are the best techniques to use for hypermiling on long intersate driving with the FFH?

Thanks,

Randy

3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Wayne is out of town until Sunday night but I'm sure he'll get back to you soon after that.