Tesla chief executive speaks his mind as company faces obstacles

Discussion in 'BEV or Battery Electric Vehicle' started by msirach, Jun 23, 2009.

1. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Tesla leader slams the Toyota Prius.

[FIMG=RIGHT]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Tesla_logo.JPG[/FIMG]Jon Alain Guzik - LATIMES - June 22, 2009

What was he thinking? Is arrogance overwhelming him? --Ed.

Elon Musk, the PayPal co-founder who made a large fortune -- about $200 million -- when EBay acquired the company in 2002, has figured out the entrepreneurial maxim, “How do you become a millionaire in high-tech? Start with two.”

Musk, who bounces between ideas like Heidi and Spencer bounce between reality shows is a serial entrepreneur and with that, some ideas seem to work, such as Solar City, a company Musk is involved in that builds solar power systems for homes and corporations. And some are just so odd that we find them awesome, such as Musk’s space exploration company Space-X, which recently won a $1-billion contract from NASA to resupply the International Space Station after the space shuttle retires in 2010.

But Musk’s most noble, or ignoble, if you are one of those types, company is Tesla Motors. It’s been a tough couple of weeks for Musk and Tesla. First Tesla co-founder Martin Eberhard sued Musk and Tesla for libel and breach of contract stemming from a variety of personal and professional issues with Musk and the company. ... [RM]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2009/06/tough-few-weeks-for-tesla.html[/RM]

2. jkp1187

jkp1187 Well-Known Member

Ah, yes. The carnival barker who makes playthings for the idle rich opens his mouth again.

And still less than the number of EV's GM delivered.

Oh, and if Tesla's worth a "cool billion" as the article states, is Musk still begging for money from the U.S. gov't?

3. voodoo22

voodoo22 Cheaper than the bus

I don't like this trait some people have where they criticize others providing a good service in an attempt to elevate their own status.

When Tesla provides people with a comparable vehicle to the Prius price wise or on any front, then we can talk smack, but until that day Tesla is a niche player which is miles from being mainstream.

4. drimportracing

drimportracing Pizza driver: 61,000+ deliveries

5. Sulfuric

Sulfuric Well-Known Member

And I love the Tesla S so much, though it's still far away...
    As long as nothing bad happens to the company they can(but shouldn't) talk this way.

6. jkp1187

jkp1187 Well-Known Member

Well, looks like I don't have to buy a Ford or a Nissan in the future, either. They've gotten the use of enough of my money already.