MTs little courier pickup

Discussion in 'My Ride' started by MT bucket, May 14, 2009.

1. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

here it is, my 2006 ranger! load it up, I am hitting the road. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After driving it for a week now I can say I am not missing the old van! haha ;)

Mpg so far:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

LOOKIN'GOOD!

Now just make sure your raw numbers always stay above mine from now on. :D

3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Lookin' good, Michael!! :thumbs_up:

4. abcdpeterson

abcdpeterson Well-Known Member

Nice, Clean, and a topper!
    a good buy!

5. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Thanks guys!
    This site really influenced my decision to get another Ranger!
    this good mileage will really help me when the summer gas prices hit!

Ricardo, i will give it my best shot! I seem to remember you getting some pretty amazing numbers last summer though!

The topper was free, i just needed to do a little work on it. i can't use a pickup without a topper so that saved me around 500 clams!

6. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

that looks really good, micheal. and very clean! good luck with it.

7. Die2self

Die2self Saving more by using less!

now to put a boat tail on that thing, just kidding. Looks good.

8. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Driving with load! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one, though not filled up to the top was the heaviest. these beastly boxes were packed with labels. total weight around 700 pounds! I delivered them from Brooklyn park to Bloomington, around 23 miles in rush hour traffic. My scangauge gave me 39 mpg for that haul, which turned out to be 36 after calibration. Still, i beat the EPA of a new Yaris subcompact (32) while hauling this stuff!

[​IMG]

My tomtom GPS. this helps save fuel too, takes me right up to obscure adresses, a lot less putzing around trying to find houses!

[​IMG]

I can't haul like the big guys, but I still get by! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  9. Right Lane Cruiser

Great work and fantastic pictures, Michael! :)

10. jimepting

jimepting Well-Known Member

Beautiful truck and I loved the pictures. How did you create the post? Specifically, how did you upload the pictures into the message? I want to do that on my new acquisition also. What file size are the pictures?

11. Right Lane Cruiser

Jim, it is recommended that you upload the pictures to the CleanMPG gallery (click the "Gallery" link in the green menu to the left, then select the "Upload Photos" link directly above the Search entry box on the right). To embed them, click on the thumbnails of your images in the gallery and you'll see full sized renderings of them with two lines of code underneath that you can copy. One already has the [noparse][/noparse] tags, the other is just the raw URL to the picture displayed.

Just paste those into the body of your post and you're good to go!

I recommend sizing them at around 320x240 so that they aren't overly large for the post.

12. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Thanks jimepting! :)
    I just copied them from my blog. I right click the photo i want to post, go to "properties" and copy the url, then paste on the forum with image tags, and I have my pic post!

13. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

It's all good! The 2.3L late model Rangers can get good mpg.

My 00 Ranger is a slug that thinks its a F-150 with the 2.5L engine. The MPG just sucks in my truck. But it will haul! Like I said. It thinks its a F-150. :) It spends most of it's time nowdays parked in the back yard under the pecan tree's.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/543

14. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Nice looking truck psyshack. i wonder why it gets poor mpg? mine does good even when hauling a heavy load. The only time it does poorly is on the highway driving into a nasty cold headwind of over 20 mph!
    But you are doing the best thing for mpg by only using your truck for hauling, and driving something else for other stuff.

I am hauling stuff every day M-F so I am glad for the good FE !

15. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Tiny Truckin'

I am getting the loads that are a bit too small for the big guys! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting fruity with this sweet tasting load, and still beating a yaris EPA :p

[​IMG]

My cargo bar, stops the dreaded "box slide" ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Right Lane Cruiser

Sweet setup, Michael! :thumbs_up:

17. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

two fills in one day!

I decided I am going to blog about some of my adventures out on the road as a courier. Stories, pictures, miles, MPG, ect... here.

6-1
    I had two fills today. that may sound like a nightmare to most with rising gas prices, but for me it means big $$$
    My first fill mon morn. was 15.13 gallons, 529 miles. then they sent me on a run to Bagley MN on a rush delivery, a great payer, but not so good for MPG, I could not putz around.
    On the interstate I could do very little for hypermiling except i did 5 mph under the 70 mph speed limit. i just wont do 70 mph sustained ( though i did step on it occasionally when someone came up on me a bit fast in the right lane!) and grabed a distance draft when I could. they were easier to find at 65 than they are at my usual 50-55 mph hehe.
    Thanks to that, no wind, and the good gearing and efficient motor, I was still able to keep it at 32 mpg!
    On the way back, there was no hurry, work was done and I was just headed home empty.
    I even stopped to chat with a friend who was fishing from shore on mile lacs, and watched him land a big bass. (pics post later) I took state and county highways 50-55 mph DWL and coasting through small towns getting around 36 mpg to salvage a decent tank.
    532.4miles using 15.63 gallons

18. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

Here is that bass my friend caught on mille lacs from shore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

off to the races!

:eek:I don't know why my scangauge recorded such a high speed, I don't ever come even close to that!:confused::eyebrow:

[​IMG]

20. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

the downtown crawl

It has been slow going for couriers downtown!
    lots of construction, no where to park!
    Here I am at my favorite parking spot in front of the IDS tower.
    it is a no parking zone but if your vehicle has a commercial vehicle permit you can!
    I ended up getting out and walking four blocks to two different buildings to get packages...

[​IMG]