Honda delivers FCX Clarity FCV to environmental youth leader Q’orianka Kilcher

Discussion in 'FCV or Fuel Cell Vehicle' started by xcel, May 8, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Best FCV on the planet receives another celebrity owner.

[xfloat=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Kilcher_with_FCX_Clarity.jpg[/xfloat]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – May 8, 2009

Actress Q'Orianka Kilcher, who played Pocahontas in the film "The New World", poses for a photo after she drove the new Honda FCX Clarity hydrogen fuel cell car last fall at the LA Autoshow.

Honda's FCX Clarity hydrogen FCV recently won World Green Car of the Year at the New York International Auto Show. The award coincided with Honda's recent announcement of a new hydrogen research department at its European R&D facility in Offenbach, Germany. The center will be tasked with evaluating hydrogen technology in European conditions and working with stakeholders to assist in the development of an appropriate refueling infrastructure.

Honda announced that actress and environmental youth leader, Q’orianka Kilcher, took delivery of her FCX Clarity hydrogen-powered FCV on May 7 at Honda of Santa Monica. Kilcher completed a two-year lease term as one of the original FCX customers.

"Since my first car was the Honda FCX, I am proud to say that I have never pumped a gallon of gasoline,” said Kilcher. “As a young person, I feel it is my responsibility to always try my best to think about the consequences of my actions and choices as a consumer, and the impact they have on our planet."

Kilcher, winner of numerous environmental youth awards, is the world’s youngest FCX Clarity owner at 19 years old. The zero-emissions vehicle can be refueled at a Shell hydrogen station in West Los Angeles, which is the first retail hydrogen station to produce hydrogen from water via a roof-mounted electrolysis unit.

The FCX Clarity is a next-generation, hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicle. Propelled by an electric motor that runs on electricity generated in the fuel cell, the vehicle's only emission is water, and its fuel efficiency is more than two times that of a modern gasoline-powered automobile.

2. jhu

jhu Well-Known Member

Who cares about the car. What about the girl???

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Jhu:

___My wife came home when I was working on the stories pic and she thought I had "Pron" up on the monitor or something :rolleyes:

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. tkeller

tkeller Well-Known Member

She's hot.