A special milestone was reached at CleanMPG this morning

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by xcel, Apr 17, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] There are now 10,000 members!

[xfloat=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/CleanMPG_10000_members_NEWS_.jpg[/xfloat]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – April 17, 2009

Congratulations to Bob Smeby of Plano Texas for becoming CleanMPG’s 10,000th member.

Wadsworth, IL. -- Like any website milestone, the mods were discussing the membership tally in the mods lounge over the past few days. As the countdown closed in, my own watch became more vigilant given I wanted to capture a screenshot of our yet unknown 10,000th member. That day arrived today.

Bob works for the City of Plano as the Specification Analyst and manages the cities Environmental Purchasing Policy. He is involved with all City departments to incorporate “Green” purchasing where practicable. He and his wife are also the proud owners of a brand new 2009 Toyota Prius-II purchased from Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney, Texas earlier this week.

His motivation?
    Bob was referred to CleanMPG by a friend who also owns a Prius.

Now that we have reached 10,000 members, I want to thank Bob and the entire membership for making a difference. We will never be a FaceBook or Twitter but you are all making an impact in changing the world to be a better place. All should be proud of your past accomplishments and what you will accomplish in the future. My only hope is that CleanMPG can help expedite the process.

I contacted Bob via PM earlier today for his story and address so I can send him a free CleanMPG.com laser Cut decal for registering at just the right time and at just the right place :)

Congratulations to all and as always, Good Luck

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Congratulations to both Bob and to CleanMPG!

How very fitting!

3. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

Welcome BOB!

4. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

I gave the site address to three people (two turntable babes and one curious bystander) at the car show when I went last Saturday with my brother. And who knows how many others were eavesdropping. The most receptive was the young lady standing on the turntable next to the Chevy Cruze. I was rattling off the stats on it and she was very impressed that I had all the numbers nailed. When she said 40+mpg highway, I said that means I'd get low 50s in it. She asked how, and I knew I had a nibble on the line. I told her the basics of hypermiling, the name of this site, and encouraged her to join and to share the site name with any others who were interested in improving fuel economy.

Time will tell if any join, but after providing the web address and instructing them to look for the Beating the EPA link on the right side of the home page, it would be interesting to see how many guests visited and read that article early this week.

5. GrendelKhan

GrendelKhan Well-Known Member

Grats to Bob.

Thanks to Wayne.

6. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

Having 10,000 member is an important milestone. And on the homepage, at over 288,000 gallons saved by CleanMPG members, we are on our way to the next milestone - 300,000 gallons saved! That is about as much gas as 500 drivers (at 15k miles/year at 25mpg) use in a year.

7. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

I just want to say, congratulations to Bob and to Wayne.:woot:

8. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Bob,

I'm going to be at Live Green in Plano - hope maybe we can meet!

9. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Congrats to Bob, Wayne and everyone at CleanMpg.

10. SlowHands

SlowHands Hypermiling Ironman

What a neat milestone...How very appropriate for Bob to become the 10,000th member! Congratulations to Wayne and all the great people at CleanMPG.

11. drimportracing

drimportracing Pizza driver: 61,000+ deliveries

Welcome and Congratulations to Bob his and Family! :woot:

I joined www.cleanmpg.com last August and all I got was this free gas, some new friends and a great place to hear and voice thoughts related to the stewardship of our natural resources.

Bob, we hope to hear from you soon about your hypermiling accomplishments and maybe you could tell us more about what you do at work, there are a lot of people here who want to learn more about all things green. :D - Dale

Wayne,
    Your idea some 8 years ago has really grown into something big. Thanks for making the effort to teach others how to gain control of their wasteful fuel habits.

You've done so much by helping people to reduce pollution, drive more safely, save lot's of money, drive with less stress :D and by keeping some of our money here in America very possibly prevented financial aid from getting to those who c/would harm us. Thanks for everything! :flag: - Dale

Is this milestone a PR moment for the media?.....I'm just saying. :Banane48::Banane57::Banane35:

12. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all 10 000 of us, and a special congratulations to Wayne and Bob.

13. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

200,000 posts is not that far away.

In a year or two, I hope the media will cover when CleanMPG has saved a million gallons.

14. dixonge

dixonge Newb

Congrats to Wayne and all of us!

15. MetroMPG

MetroMPG Well-Known Member

Congratulations on this milestone!