What are people paying for 09 civic hybrids?

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by SixersFan64, Apr 15, 2009.

1. SixersFan64

SixersFan64 New Member

Hi im new to this forum and I was just wondering what people are paying nowadays for 09 civic hybrids? im the market and I wanted to know how much I could possibly get one for?

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi SixerFan64:

___Oh boy are you in the market for the right car at the right time!

___Take a look at Kacey's post in the members only forum for a price that is simply to good too pass up. If half the people in this country knew what Honda was doing to move the HCH-II's right now, there would be a stampede ;)

___Be sure to read our Review of the HCH-II as well. That is one sweet hot ride for any number of reasons and with the cost below $19K, WOW!!! :)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Welcome to CleanMPG. You picked a great time to join.
    Here is the link to the sale post. It's a real deal on the HCHII since you are a member

4. jmelson

jmelson Well-Known Member

About $21,900 for the basic model. The nav system is insanely priced at 2K, so I certainly passed on that!

Jon

5. jimp

jimp Active Member

check out edmunds.com, they have a section that monitors recent sales of just about all vehicles on the market, not msrp, but what dealers are actually selling a vehicle for, would give you an idea of any discounts or premiums you might be facing.

6. SixersFan64

SixersFan64 New Member

I already checked out that 18k hybrid deal in south carolina, at midlands honda. Its not worth it for me, I live in new york, so i'd have to drive down there, and then they want me to pay an additional $500 to install tint and wheel locks which I do not want. This would make the price $19,400. I can probably get a hybrid for like 20,000 in NY somewhere, If i went down there I would barely be saving any money, and it would be a huge hassle.

7. xcel

Hi SixersFan64:

___Sorry to hear about that. IIRC, Kacey has HCH-II's coming in that do not have the locks and tint but those on the ground are already so equipped :(

___Let us know what price and where you pick yours up from as $19,400 is a smoking hot deal.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  8. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

The Internet prices I was quoted in Pittsburgh were at least $750 above Kacey. I haven't checked in the last week or so to compare to Midlands Honda's new prices. I'm betting it is a whole lot more than Kacey is quoting.
    I'll take another look locally when I'm serious and ready to drop the cash on the car later this year.

9. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

One other issue I thought of, since I am in both NY and PA, is that a new vehicle needs to be equipped with "NE emissions" certification, which is more or less California rules. When I was thinking of a possible new FFH purchased through my friend who is a Ford dealer in NC, I remembered the emissions limitation and wondered if he'd have to order one with the NE Emissions Override on the order. Cars must have the proper emissions cert to be registered in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Cars on the lots outside these states may not have this option and so may have a problem with the titling and registration. I haven't gone far enough to determine if a Fed car can easily be made into a NE (or even CA) car, but if it can be done, it almost certainly wouldn't be free of charge.

10. xcel

Hi Chris:

___Not sure about titling but the HCH-II is an AT-PZEV/SULEV-II in all 50-States so meeting any emissions standards in the planet would not be a problem for the HCH-II. The Insight-II, FFH and FEH however are different animals depending on where it was purchased or spec'ed.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Just to raise the point: if Honda stays with it's usual 4 year cycle, a revamped Honda Civic Hybrid is around 6 months away.

12. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

...and rumored to match the new Insight's under-floor battery pack, freeing up the rear seat to fold down.

13. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

Bring it!, but they also need to keep up with the goodies and MPGs too, this is their flagship hybrid, I want all the options and all the MPGs, and LED headlights with a stock 12v booster and vent fan running solar cell

14. xcel

Hi All:

___The MMY upgrade was 09 so we will see an HCH-III in late 2010 and more than likely in 2011 at the earliest.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

15. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Wife and I will be going to our Honda dealer to look into purchasing a base HCHII or with Navi.

Will know this evening.

16. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Why not buy the base and a Garmin from Amazon? Hal

17. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Just got back from our dealer. The wife now owns a new 09 HCHII w/Navi, Atomic Blue / Beige.

Our price for the car was $21,487.00 including dest. and doc. Traded the 05 Accord in and got some money on it with the low AHF interest rate. So after the trade we knocked more money of the financed price. But not much. She learned a hard lesson about taking care of her car,,, I hope.

The wife enjoyed her test drive. But I drove it the 85 or so miles home. She was very tired. Its been a very long day. With dealer set tires and a pack at 2 bars when we took deliver I got it home at 54 mpg. And the darn pack still is not full. I could get it one bar away from full. :(

Will put 44psi in the tires in the morning and off she will go. I will have to be on a job site tomorrow. So I will be driving my MZ3.

The Shack now has a hybrid in the drive. :)

18. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Congrats, Jeff!

By the way, the HCH-II does not like to have all bars on the pack -- it wants an equilibrium under that level (like the Prius). This is not the case with the first gen of the Insight or the HCH.

19. Kacey Green

Congratulations to the 'Shack family! (I didn't want to look and see if you'd ever given your name)

Unlike Sean's Insight the HCHII, especially the '09 doesn't like to keep the pack full you'll tend to see it stay at one or two bars missing when going at it with light hypermiling, then at other times it will taunt you with three bars, but just above the amount of three bars for a force charge to full.

How much was their doc fee?

That is a great color choice (slyly points at my avatar) :)

20. Kacey Green

hmm Sean and I posted at the same time