Insight II Prices Paid/ Buying Experience

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by greenrider, Mar 31, 2009.

1. greenrider

greenrider Well-Known Member

My Insight II should arrive this week, a week later than I was promised. As many of us know, sticker is the best deal out there for new Insights right now. THat being said, what about the other details?
    HondaCare warranty? Cheaper online, are they about the same as the HCH II?

What about pushing for a cargo cover, all weather mats, or a block heater thrown in?
    It's been awhile since I played the car buying game...

2. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

Re: Inisight II Prices Paid/ Buying Experience

so you got yours at msrp? for a car that's hot and low in inventory that's not a bad buy

3. greenrider

greenrider Well-Known Member

I gave a grand for a deposit back in August, and the receipt/ contract is written for MSRP.

4. spitfiregirl52

spitfiregirl52 Well-Known Member

I paid MSRP for mine too. They said that they would do that for me since I was the only person who had ordered one from them. They gave me all the stickers that would've gone on the window and if I hadn't bought it, they would have sold it for a little more than 24G. And that's w/o nav! But I tried to get them to throw in stuff like mats but I don't think I was playing that game good enough. I hope you can get more greenrider!

5. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

I am offering $300 below MSRP currently for CleanMPG Members.

And for folks off the street we aren't doing those markup games.

Mats aren't standard on the Fit, Civic DX, Insight, or Ridgeline RT

6. fuzzy

fuzzy Mild hypermiler

Hmmm. With the local dealer adding ADM of 1995 and unneeded options of 1200, and DW pushing for a vacation out your way to catch the friends and sights we missed last time, ...

But I won't make any decisions until the Prius is priced and available for test drives.

-- Dean

7. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

The pull out package cover is extra also isn't it. The cars I looked at had the notch's for one. I thought it absurd that basic stuff was extra on the Insight.

8. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

It's one way to keep the price of the base model LX below 20 grand, though. Both cars that we've had that had those covers, we've removed them as soon as we got home and put them somewhere in the garage... who knows behind what pile now. Wouldn't have paid for them if they hadn't come with the car. Honda must think there are others out there like me who have no use for those covers?

I drove it March 26. I absolutely loved it, but not quite enough to get rid of my paid-for '06 New Formula Red Insight with just 37K miles on it, with a 7y/120Kmi warranty. If I was driving anything else, I would truly have walked off the lot with the blue EX/no NAV.

~Linda
    --
    http://www.greendriveexpo.com
    July 18-19, 2009
    Madison, WI

9. pcs0snq

pcs0snq Well-Known Member

what is a pull out package? and cover???

10. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Paul, I believe he is referring to the "window shade" style privacy cover for the rear cargo area.

11. Kacey Green

It does sound like the tonneau cover is bing described.

12. Re: Inisight II Prices Paid/ Buying Experience

I looked at one earlier today. My wife really liked it. Maybe we can drop the Xterra for a new insight.

13. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Nice. Kind of a parallel change to this one:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Finally picked it up this evening and drove it home.

MPG is easy to hit with the Eco button. Instrumentation is outstanding. I was playing with the gauges on the way home and could have done better if I concentrated the whole time. The first 4 miles from the dealership in Marion, IL was heavy stop and go traffic and I left town with 64mpg on the fcd. I'm getting ready to go out for a night drive. I need to condition myself to start midnights tomorrow night anyway.:DI'll set up the Scangauge, Press the tires and roll. Speaking of tires, that is one thing I'm not happy with: Dunlop SP37's. They were on the HCHII and I didn't care for the drive or the wear. The rear control arm may have factored on it. I may consider putting some Ecopia's on it if I can get a decent trade.

[​IMG]

15. Kacey Green

You make me look like a chump, I'm going to sneak some air into the demo before I drive it again.

16. msirach

Temp was in the upper 60's but I think the air was in the low 30's by the way the tires look.

4 miles was stop and go and the rest was highway at 50 to 55 mph.

17. Kacey Green

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it feels like driving the HCH in mush when I'm driving the Insight, I haven't gone any real distance with ECO off, just enough to see it made the throttle respond similar to the HCHII

18. msirach

I just got back from the trip and WOW, I love the Eco button!
    Show your customers this pic.

[​IMG]

19. Kacey Green

goodness me, look at those temps, I can't do that in an HCHII at those temps on my commute.

20. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Nice work, Mike!!! :woot:

Did anyone else see the TV commercials for the Insight during Chuck and Heroes last night? :D