Since I purchased my first house about six months back, I knew I would like a riding mower to mow its roughly one acre of land. I had finished up the fall of the year with a borrowed push mower. And, while it was possible, it was kind of a pain and took quite a while. So, I decided I wanted to go with a riding mower. It also dawned on me that small engine emissions are really bad, and there was no reason that this mower couldn't be electric powered. So, I began the quest to convert this riding lawn mower. I picked up the mower for free (thanks to freecycle.org) during fall of last year. It has been sitting most of winter and this project has finally hit the top of the 'to do list'. I also just picked up a motor, contactors (massive relays), and batteries that I'll be using. So, this project is building up some steam and ready to get going. I'll be documenting most of the progress on EcoRenovator's forum. I'll probably post here to give sporadic/major updates. Here is a teaser picture. And, no the motor isn't in upside down, the motor has two output shafts.