2010 Camry and Camry Hybrid pricing released

Discussion in 'Toyota Camry Hybrid' started by xcel, Feb 15, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

The TCH_with minor upgrades lists for the same price as the 2009.

[xfloat=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/2010_TCH.jpg[/xfloat]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Feb. 12, 2009

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid – Rated at 33 city/34 highway on the 08 EPA.

Torrance, CA -- Toyota announced MSRP’s for the 2010 Camry midsize sedan variants. As the best-selling passenger car in America for seven years running and 11 of the past 12 years, Camry continues to offer a good value while meeting the needs of the average consumer in terms of comfort, convenience and performance.

Camry's base MSRP will range from $19,395 for the Camry sedan with a new six-speed manual transmission to $29,045 for the stylish XLE with a six-speed automatic transmission. The high mileage, low emissions Camry Hybrid carries a price of $26,150. The 2010 MSRP’s represent an overall price increase of $281 or 1.2 percent. The 2010 Camry will begin arriving at Toyota dealers in March 2009.

CAMRY HYBRID

The Camry Hybrid is equipped with Toyota's award winning Hybrid Synergy Drive is certified as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) with an EPA fuel economy estimate of 34 mpg highway, 33 mpg city and 34 mpg combined.

For 2010, the Camry Hybrid exterior will include a unique grille, a distinct front bumper, a wider lower intake, restyled fog lights and 16-inch alloy wheels. The interior will be enhanced with a new meter cluster and Fraichir cloth seating surfaces, a combination of silk protein and synthetic fiber, which is reported to be gentler on the skin.

MSRPs do not include a delivery, processing, and handling (DPH) fee of $720. The very odd and excessive DPH fees for vehicles distributed by Southeast Toyota (SET) and Gulf States Toyota (GST) are still enforce however.

2010 Toyota Camry Pricing

Column1Column2Column3Column4
    ModelEngine CapacityTransmissionMSRP ($USD)
    Base2.4L I46-Speed Manual$19,395
    Base2.4L I46-Speed Automatic$20,445

LE2.4L I46-Speed Manual$20,850
    LE2.4L I46-Speed Automatic$21,900

SE2.4L I46-Speed Manual$22,165
    SE2.4L I46-Speed Automatic$23,165

XLE2.4L I46-Speed Automatic$25,925

LE3.5L V66-Speed Automatic$24,565
    SE3.5L V66-Speed Automatic$25,840
    XLE3.5L V66-Speed Automatic$29,045

Hybrid2.4L I4HSD - eCVT$26,150

2. jhu

jhu Well-Known Member

Wow a manual Camry. When was the last time that was available in the USA?

3. aca2983

aca2983 Well-Known Member

The current Camry is available with a manual, and I'm not a Toyota historian, but I think every Camry generation ever sold here has been available with one.

I walk a lot, and I always play this guessing game of guessing if cars parked on the street are autos or manuals as I approach them.

You'd be surprised how many manual transmission Camry's there are. At least in my neck of the woods.

4. jhu

jhu Well-Known Member

Weird, I've not seen one on the west coast. I guess I figured they only sold as automatics.

5. Indigo

Indigo Witch with wry sense of humor

I think it's a good move to offer 6-speed transmissions. That's a pretty inexpensive way to increase fuel economy.

$26,500 for the TCH is kewl. Can you *get* it for that price though? I had one for three days as a loaner car and it was the sweetest car I've ever driven. Of course, it does seem like the Ford Focus Hybrid will give the TCH a run for its money

6. bomber991

bomber991 Well-Known Member

In terms of features, whats the difference between the XLE and the Hybrid? I ask cause they're only $225 apart from each other.

7. xcel

Hi Justin:

___Did you know we have a few write-ups in this forum regarding exactly what you are asking ;)

___Although the TCH vs. XLE was written last year, I think you will find the comparison quite interesting.

___Indigo, the TCH is a great hybrid but I think the Fusion Hybrid is the best of the bunch after it is released next month. I may have one to drive by the end of next week (the Milan which is the same thing) and will keep you up to date through a std. blog before a full-blown review if that vehicle arrives as planned. I hope it does anyway as my fingers are crossed :)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

8. GreenVTEC

GreenVTEC Well-Known Member

I have a sneaky feeling the Camry hybrid is still going to outsell the Fusion/Milan hybrid.

Even for the same price and with much better potential FE plenty of folks are going to be dead set in the FORD = FAILURE mantra.

I'm sure more than one dolt is going to justify the Camry because the Ford will surely need lots of repairs to keep it going.

9. xcel

Hi Tyler:

___I think you may be right but it will not be a race to the sales lead, it will be who will not finish last. The TCH had the most dramatic fall-off in sales I could have ever imagined this past January leaving the possibility of a 12 to 15,000 unit sales year vs. the approximately 50,000 pace it was holding prior to the fuel pricing and general economy declines.

___Ford has stated they are only going to produce 20 to 25,000 FFH's which will not help much either.

___WR to reliability, the FEH's have done well over the years and I have no doubt the Ford Fusion Hybrid will as well. The question that you brought up about the average consumer however may determine the FFH's success or failure beyond what it does and does not offer. It (the FFH) is not an inexpensive vehicle by any means.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

10. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Can this mean Prius pricing is not far behind?

11. fuzzy

fuzzy Mild hypermiler

Well, if you are looking for patterns ...

A model calendar linked from PriusChat shows a three month difference between Camry and Prius. 2010-TC/TCH initial production in January, initial delivery in March. 2010 Prius, April and June respectively.

Other postings indicate that a couple hundred preorders for specially invited Prius enthusiasts will be delivered in the first two weeks of May.

I'm just hoping that gas prices don't go up enough to push up Prius demand and prices before I can make a choice to buy one.