Fisker's gorgeous hybrid frightens Detroit

Discussion in 'PHEV or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle' started by Right Lane Cruiser, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

The vehicles are drop-dead gorgeous -- works of art and emotion and high-end science.

[xfloat=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Fisker_Karma.jpg[/xfloat]Steven Reive - The Review Journal - Feb. 12, 2009

I don't know how efficient they are, but these cars certainly have high performance looks! --Ed.

It's in an anonymous corporate office park in Irvine, Calif., on an anonymous little stretch of interstate sandwiched between Lake Forest and Fountain Valley on the San Diego Freeway, that the future of our auto industry is being hatched.

One of America's first planned cities is an appropriate backdrop for what's going on here.

Irvine was chosen as the fourth-best place to live in the United States in 2008. The Federal Bureau of Investigations said it has the lowest crime rate in the country. And the U.S. Census Bureau places it at No. 7 in America in terms of highest median income.

Irvine is cool. Irvine is calm. And Irvine might be home to an amazing revolution thanks to a man who is transforming the automotive world.

Henrik Fisker is making it happen, and if you know anything about the Danish-born car designer you would know if he's chosen to be… [rm]http://www.lvrj.com/drive/39546427.html[/rm]

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Fisker is a definite contender in the upcoming Plug In Hybrid luxury line. The body design extends an air of elegance, yet threatening presence of comfort and undeniable power that Europeans have an upper hand in presenting.
    The principals in this corporation have a proven history of success in the automotive world that should make this company a leading presence.
    The following image is a picture that was taken in January at NAIAS in Detroit. I failed to get a good picture of the convertible since it was swarmed by people each time I stopped by.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I won't lie -- I want one. :eek:

4. Radio_tec

Radio_tec Tell AAA, Saving gas saves America!

I pay to get on the waiting list now if I had the $60,000 entry fee. That said Fisker was also the designer behind the Tesla Roadster.

5. mdensch@charter.net

mdensch@charter.net Well-Known Member

And remember, there was bad blood (i.e. a lawsuit) between the two companies after his departure from Tesla. Interesting, then, that their two displays were across from one another at the Detroit show so their execs could glare at each other.

Gotta say, though, the Fisker is a gorgeous car and when you see one up close, it is extremely well finished, much more so than the Tesla. Historically, start-up car companies such as these almost always fail, but I think these guys (Fisker) have really done their homework and have the best chance of succeeding in a very tough market.

6. drimportracing

drimportracing Pizza driver: 61,000+ deliveries

If they would make a coupe about half that size...

7. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

It's got ... lips. eep.
    _H*