The Fisker Karma to Be Showcased at at the North American International Auto Show

Discussion in 'PHEV or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle' started by Right Lane Cruiser, Dec 2, 2008.

?

If money was no object, which would you prefer?

1. Fisker Karma

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Tesla Roadster

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Chevy Volt Concept

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chevy Volt Production

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Toyota Prius III

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Honda Insight II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

The exhaust pipe from the ICE engine is routed directly out behind the front wheels.

[xfloat=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Fisker_Karma.jpg[/xfloat]SunHerald - Dec. 02, 2008

Is this what the Volt should have looked like? -- Ed

Fisker Automotive, Inc., a green American premium sports car company, today announced that its first production car, the Fisker Karma, will be showcased at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). With only minor design enhancements made to the exterior of the vehicle, the production Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid retains the extreme proportions and beautiful sculpture of the January 2008 Karma show car.

"We are very excited to be bringing the Fisker Karma back to NAIAS," said Fisker Automotive CEO Henrik Fisker. "In the year since we debuted the Karma, the reception we've received has been tremendous. I'm proud to announce at this time that we are already sold out on the car until mid-2010."

With a base price of $87,900 (USD), the Fisker Karma is scheduled to begin delivery in November 2009. Featuring the proprietary Q-Drive powertrain, the Fisker Karma will have an all-electric range of 50 miles (80km). After the all electric 50 miles, the gasoline engine turns a generator to charge the lithium ion battery. Once the 50-mile electric range has been exceeded, the Fisker Karma can be used as a normal hybrid vehicle. With this balance of electric and gas range, Fisker Automotive estimates that most Karma drivers who charge the Karma overnight and commute less than 50 miles per day will be able to... [rm]http://www.sunherald.com/prnewswire/story/987656.html[/rm]

2. Shiba3420

Shiba3420 Well-Known Member

If money were really no object, I'd build my own electric car.

3. Robert Lastick

Robert Lastick Well-Known Member

Yep, this is the type of car we need. Darn good looking, too!

All they have to do now is work on the cost. :Banane59:

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Well-Known Member

I don't know... I think something needs to be done with the weight of this beast...
    4650#!!

I know that much of this is probably batteries, but getting rid of some of that performance would help in this area (who needs to go from 0-60 in 5.8 seconds?).

And doing that would also help out with that cost problem.

Just don't get rid of that solar roof!

5. vangonebuy

vangonebuy Well-Known Member

Beats the production Chevy Vole for style and follow through.
    I really wanted to see the Volt original concept styling produced.

This is REALLY Nice!
    ________
    DiegoDuarte

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011