Hypermiling article

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by hmbautista, Nov 13, 2008.

1. hmbautista

hmbautista New Member

Hello my name is Hector and I work as a writer in Car Magazine Mexico. I am very interested on making an article about hipermiling. My idea is to take the techniques you use on a Prius and use them on a very thirsty V8 car or something like that. I just want someone that can help me with these techniques and maybe a little demonstration. I will be taking the photographs and also writing the article. Please write here if you are interested an also to see if we can arrange that meeting. thank you all

2. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

Re: Hipermiling article

it would help to know where you are located.

3. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

Hector, welcome to CleanMPG. As Laurie mentioned above, your location is important if you are asking about the possibility of a demonstration of hypermiling. Your post suggests you are in Mexico, but you may spend time in different parts of the US and if so, you could be near one of the CleanMPG members.

I would say you should also post what kind of thirsty V8 car you will be using for your research, as I (and others) can offer specific advice on vehicle setup and capabilities.

Si usted quiere un poco ayuda con su escrito sobre hypermiling, estare' encantado de ayudarle. :)

4. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

I will be in trollville next week. Is that close to you?

5. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

funny you should mention that, jud, i was on the way there myself ;)

6. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

This stop - Trollville. Next stop - Banland. :) Hopefully, more detailed info will follow if the OP has a genuine interest in the topic. If not, it's only a matter of time before someone throws 'em off at the next stop.

7. hmbautista

hmbautista New Member

I am going to Detroit for the north amercian auto show in January. I'm still negotiating the car with GM, but it is likely to be the Cadillav CTS-V. If there is no one near that area, i will try to move to the nearest posible. thank you all for your help.

8. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Wayne (xcel) is not that far away, plus he will be at that show - contact him by PM

9. hmbautista

hmbautista New Member

I have sent him a PM but he has not answered

10. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Wayne is at the LA Auto Show and in a day will be on the road two weeks to get a record for best fuel economy driving in all 48-states.

11. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

It is quite likely I may be at the Detroit Show as well.;)

12. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

See you there Larry!

13. hmbautista

hmbautista New Member

Wow! ok thanks

14. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Just let us know what kind of car you will have and we can help you out!

15. jkp1187

jkp1187 Well-Known Member

Just curious...was there ever a follow-up on this?

16. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Hopefully Wayne met him in Detroit....