What a Vue

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Prozac, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

First time posting. I currently have a 05 Saturn Vue 4cyl/5m and I am finally getting the mileage I think that it deserves. I am currently averaging 30mpgs in mixed driving. A lot of this has been accomplished because of this site. Tire pressure up to 44 (max sidewall) and lots of NICE-ON Coasting. My best has been 35mpgs all highway doing 65 and so far the worst since beginning this adventure has been 28mpgs with lots of city driving in an unfamiliar place. Sure beats my 04 Dodge Ram 2500 w/HEMI, but I am at least getting 16mpgs out of it with mixed and I need to be able to tow. I usually ride my motorcycle or drive the Vue unless I need to be able to haul. This allows me to justify the truck.

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out with all this valuable info on the site. :Banane17:

John

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Welcome, Prozac! Sounds like you've made some good improvements. :)

Stay involved and we'll do our best to help you keep that average per tank moving up.

3. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome. Biggest thing that I am working on is the wife. It is her vehicle that I tend to have to steal quite often when the weather gets bad. She is coming along nicely, though.

John

4. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Dealing with loved ones can be difficult. Just let her come at her own pace and more importantly, discover and share with you.

5. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

welcome to cleanmpg and congrats on the improved mileage. There's always more to achieve here!

6. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

I love it when baby ute drivers post here. I can see what others do.

Tire pressure is huge in my experience. I keep posting and keep the mileage log up.

Welcome!

7. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Thanks, again, for the welcome. As you can see, winter is starting to take it's toll on my fuel economy. The only saving grace is that last year, these temps would have dropped me down to 21-22 mpgs. Just hoping to get myself into the Expert status sometime next year. :Banane17:

8. Its taking a toll on all of us. Luckily the longer you hone your hypermiling skills the better your FE gets my numbers are down slightly but i'm fighting back the best I can. You'll hit Expert in no time. welcome and good luck!