Bio-Diesel Rental in LA

Discussion in 'Volkswagen' started by Chuck, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

You were not pulling our leg on this.

Excerpt from article:
    {Just one snag — it knows of only one place in town to fill up with 100 percent biodiesel, which can be made from restaurant grease as well as certain farm grains.}

I guess one better hope they get real good FE. HUH? ;)

Terry

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___I would love to rent a B20 - B100 powered Beetle or Jetta TDI sometime! When we were in San Francisco, CA. 2 weeks ago, we asked if Avis had any hybrids or other high FE vehicles like a Corolla or Civic … Nope. You are stuck with the Malibu :(

___I wonder how they got those TDI’s into CA.? I think they have to be purchased outside the clean states and then sold as used inside of CA. due to the emissions regs holding all new TDI sales from within CA.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Nearly a year ago, in Northern California, I saw a couple of hybrid Civics, numerious Prius', but no Insights. :( Guess it's that lean burn with the NO2 that is keeping it out....

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___Insight 5-speeds with Leanburn are ULEV rated on California’s LS fuel so they are definitely for sale in CA. The Insight does quite nicely on a steady diet of California LS fuel in fact with a jump from LEV to ULEV just because of the cleaner fuel! Fortunately for all of us; all fuel will be as clean as the LS variety found in the 5 clean states by the end of 06 and the emissions of most anything with a CAT(s) will improve a notch or so ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne