Tony Saying 'Hi'

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jul 31, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Well-Known Member

I've already posted on a few threads but figured I'd make it official:
    "Hello, my name is Tony and I'm a Priuholic. It's been 50 hours and 37 minutes since I last drove my 2004 Prius." For the record, I've ridden my bike and walked this weekend.

If asked about mileage, I tell people that I'm not a hypermiler but I try. My best tank to date is 60.5 which was my most recent one. My current tank has seen 61.1 but with the heat and humidity, I can't help but to turn on the A/C which has lowered it to 60.6. My only modification is an OEM EV button.

Currently, I work for a building automation company in the Education Services department as an Instructional Designer. To be honest, though, I belong in the front of the room. I have a degree in Education and have spent a little time teaching public schools domestically and abroad. Therefore, I never shy from public speaking and as the President of my Toastmasters club, I practice my art as often as I can while mentoring othe members.

My first love was Computer Programming and I earned a degree. The problem is that I learned all the Old School languages: COBOL, JCL, RPG, FORTRAN, Assembler, etc. When PC languages and object-oriented programming came along, I either couldn't handle the change or subconsciously didn't want to. Either way, that's when I went back to school and got my Education degree (actually, I double-majored with English Language and Linguistics).

I'm part of the Moderating staff over at Priuschat. I joined in March of 2004 and somewhere in my more-than-4,000 posts, they started picking up on the fact that my sense of humor can range from dry to outlandish at the drop of a hat. I enjoy throwing out funny quotes whether I expect anyone to pick up on them or not. My favorites are what I call "five percenters" by which I mean no more than five percent of the general population is expected to understand my joke. Unfortunately, if I'm in a room with 19 others, I'm pretty much laughing alone. :eek:

That's it for now. The rest will come out in time.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tony:

___With all of your previous well written posts, I knew there was more then just an engineer type behind the Keyboard ;) Welcome to CleanMPG and by all means, feel free to visit and contribute any time after you have completed your daily duties over at PC.

___I still have to add your FE vs. Temp Excel spreadsheet based graph to the Hypermiling article but if you look into the later replies, the screenshot is up but I need to resize it correctly before inserting. I have received quite a few offers to display many others Temp vs. FE data through out a yearly season’s cycle but yours was about as clean and dramatic as I could have wished for. Maybe tomorrow as I am recovering from night shift over the next 48 hours …

___Good Luck and thank you for the introduction!

___Wayne

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tony:

___With all of your previous well written posts, I knew there was more then just an engineer type behind the Keyboard ;) Welcome to CleanMPG and by all means, feel free to visit and contribute any time after you have completed your daily duties over at PC.

___I still have to add your FE vs. Temp Excel spreadsheet based graph to the Hypermiling article but if you look into the later replies, the screenshot is up. I just need to resize it correctly for the articles particular formatting scheme before inserting. I have received quite a few offers to display many other hybrid and non-hybrid Temp vs. FE data through over an entire year’s Temperature cycle but yours was about as clean and dramatic as I could have wished for. Maybe tomorrow as I am recovering from night shift over the next 48 hours …

___As an aside, Tony lives less then 2 miles from me and now that I know this, I have another friend to bounce off ideas every once in a while :D

___Good Luck and thank you for the introduction!

___Wayne