Jerk of the day - 8 Aug 2008

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by YarSwiss, Sep 9, 2008.

1. YarSwiss

YarSwiss C'est quoi 'hypermile' en Francais?

Multiple incidents happened today, but this one really stood out. I was driving on the right lane of a 4-lane section on the 210East freeway, and this white Nissan Altima comes racing up behind me, and apparently amazed that I didn't bow out of his way in horror, decided to give my car a rectal microscopy.

Unfazed, I maintained my leisurely 55, as there were no near exits and almost no traffic to prevent him from going on to any of the 3 other available lanes. So he sticks behind me for about a mile and then this merging lane comes up and he tries PASSING ME ON THE RIGHT! This is a common offense, but there was hardly any space for him to safely do so. I have had this happen to me many times, but there was such a small amount of space that I really wasn't going to let him have his way this time. So I sped up and intentionally blocked his way, as I really wasn't going to tolerate this reckless conduct.

Instead of just passing me on the left like normal human beings with an IQ above 75, he just glues himself behind me again, headers on. Then an exit shows up, and he roars down it, only to break at a stop sign.

I would have taken a picture, but I was laughing too much at the level of idiocy some drivers seem to exhibit. :p

2. brother

brother Well-Known Member

Idiots abound. :eyebrow:

I had one today pull out from a side road at a crawl, cutting me off. Guess which one of us started with the rude gestures when I had to stand on my brake pedal? (Nope, not me) :rolleyes:

Geez...

3. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

Eh, I'll add to this one, instead of start a new thread. I had to go visit the Elementary school today. My car runs fairly high FE when cruising between 45-55 with a TPS of 12. So, I'd come off a down hill section and was enjoying some sweet 50 MPG lovin' when a truck decided to turn across my path from the opposite lane into a driveway. Mmmmkay. Now, this road is a PSL of 55. When I'm not on a downhill, I'll do 45 MPH, but most everyone else is doing 60. And this is on a backroad! There was no one behind me, and no one behind him either. He slooooowly pulled into his washed out drive, stopped completely once, and then gave me a hairy eyeball when I decided to go out around his truck as opposed to stopping completely in my lane. I still had to lay into my brakes to avoid him, but it was a "Dude, you killed my groove... WTF" moment for me.