Hybrid Sonata

Discussion in 'Hyundai' started by skduffy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. skduffy

skduffy Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this has been posted here or not, I just read an article about the Sonata coming out as a hybrid in 2010. If this has been posted, I apologize. Does anyone know any details of Hyundai's system

http://www.hybridcars.com/vehicle/hyundai-sonata-hybrid.html

Here is a summary:

Hyundai officially announced plans yesterday to produce a hybrid version of the Sonata sedan in 2010. It will be the automaker’s first production version gas-electric hybrid in the United States. The company previously made noises about entering the hybrid market with subcompact hybrids, but Hyundai's hybrid plans were indefinitely delayed before getting very far along. The company seems to be back on track: The Sonata Hybrid will make its world debut at the 2008 Los Angeles International Auto Show in November.

"Fuel economy should be improved by 20 to 25 percent, but those are not hard numbers,” he said. “We’ll talk more about that when the car is introduced in LA.”

This also gets rid of this:
    Hello skduffy it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. We value the contributions of all our members, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Thanks
    Shaughn

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

steved's comment... when you use all the pep in the v6 zipping by everyone around town, good mileage is not to be expected. I'm sure I could do better with her car than mine...

oh..and umm...haven't seen this anywhere, good news I guess.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  3. skduffy

skduffy Well-Known Member

I believe that the hybrid sonata will be based around there 2.4L Theta-II I-4. That has 175HP and is rated 21/32.(2008 EPA) What would be better would be better to have it with a 2.0L Theta-II which is offered in European markets and has 145hp, which would be overkill still when paired as a hybrid powertrain. Yet, in the "performance" mags the 249 hp V6 is considered lacking in power compared with the competition.:eek:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008