Jerk of the Day - August 13, 2008

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by Damionk, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

Hi! I'm damion's fiance and I have a jerk of the day.

I'm driving down a road that 4 lanes turns to 2. I'm in the left hand lane (right ends) and this guy behind me floors past me in the right lane. I'm behind a dump truck going a nice speed. The road starts to narrow for the lane ending and I'm not wanting to let this jerk in cause he's a jerk. I'm trying my best to leave no space for him and well push comes to shove cause I don't feel like riding in the dump truck and he gets between me and the truck. The whole way down the road (55MPH, we're going 46-ish) this guy is flooring it/braking cause of the dump truck. I know where it's going (Company Name on truck/I know the area) and I'm behind his guy about 5 seconds. Suddenly he slams on his breaks cause the truck is turning into the company lot (see I told you I knew where it was going) and this guy doesn't even let the truck get out of the road before he floors it going around. I mean, the truck had *just* started to turn. The stupid guy gets *thisclose* to hitting an oncoming Escalade (another FSP to me) which starts blaring his horn. And to find out this guy did all of that just to turn less than 1/4 mile down the road. I was flippin' birds, cussin' cause he is just SO STUPID!!!

Ok. That's my jerk of the day. Thanks for reading.

2. YarSwiss

YarSwiss C'est quoi 'hypermile' en Francais?

That sucks.

I had a big rig following me from 2-5 feet distance, for over 5 miles in the right hand lane, wile I was doing 55mph. He had plenty of chances to just pass me by the left, but I guess he thought he could scare me off or something. At least I had him hugging my boot rather than some ignorant civilian driver :p

3. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

wow, talk about being in a rush! :eek: some people will never get it. I'm also guessing there wasnt a hospital a quarter mile down from where the truck turned right?

4. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

Nope. A housing edition. I guess he had to crap really, really bad!! :p

5. Shiba3420

Shiba3420 Well-Known Member

Why do people reporting have to show they are jerks too?

Sorry Damionk, but you don't have any right to tailgate or block people from getting in. Doing so endangered yourself and the other guy, and ultimatly you could have been knocked into incoming traffic involving even more people. I do feel for your situation. I have done exactly what you did, and often feel like still doing it. People assume that the land ending sign indicates which person is responsible to safely move over, but most law is actually written such that the person whoes nose is in front when the lines end, owns the lane. So if the dotten lines ended and he was ahead at that point, you were being agressive and doing several illegal things.

Its nice to be right, but don't be dead right. Worse, don't be dead wrong.

6. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

Just to clarify. It was my fiancé who that happened to and posted about it under my name. She is somewhat more of an aggressive driver than I am. She is starting to come around to hypermiling slowly. I do agree with you Shiba. I did tell her that it was dangerous to get that close to any other vehicle. Hopefully she will keep that in mind on her next drive.

7. Shiba3420

Shiba3420 Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed/forgot the opening line. The good thing is that everyone survived intact.

Good luck!