JOTD for Aug 9, 2008

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by Chuck, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

[​IMG]

...because every jerk thinks they are...Special!

Sighted by: Delta Flyer
    Vehicle: Toyota Highlander Hybrid like the one pictured
    Place: I-45, 150 miles north of downtown Houston
    Date: August 9, 2008 - 8 PM

Saturday evening, well past Houston traffic and the clubbers, but that did not stop a HiHi from at least making like they would run me off the interstate.

I was going 50mph on the rightmost lane at the time with flashers on....everyone else was on the left lane getting by. For some reason this HiHi decided to pretend I was not there and I had to take the curb. :mad: No way to prove it, but suspect they had an axe to grind about going under the limit.

Why is it people don't get similarly incensed when drivers go over the posted limit? ;)

Got stories of your own? Send us your pictures and stories and we'll feature them on Jerk of the Day!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

For some reason, that was the third driver that looked like they wanted to ram me Saturday, but my driving was the same as usual....is this what the do on the Texas Gulf Coast?

3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Chuck, personally I've never found a driver with the guts to actually ram me. I generally do watch to see if the vehicle is a nice one, though.

This doesn't include the pickup that tried to push me off the road a couple of weeks ago, though. :(

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I think it's intimidation in most cases.

Having been rear-ended at least three times, I have to consider it might happen.
    • Dec 1987 - I sped up to 40mph to go thru a yellow light and an apparent drunk rammed my 1986 CRX...replaced it with a 1988 CRX.
    • Sept 2000 - distracted driver on phone rammed the car behind me and in turn totaled mine....replaced the 88 CRX with the current Insight
    • March 2002 - Small pickup forgot to notice at dawn I was stoped at an intersection that has lot of collisions....ironically at the headquarters of Texas Blue Cross/Blue Shield. :eek: